HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    PrettyLoven

Default Do you buy or like Used Books?

I bought many books at my Library's Used Book Store. Hardcover is $1.00 while paperback is $0.25. Their condition has been great for me. Even on Amazon.com I bought some used books that had a few worn damages but nothing serious.

Do you like or buy used books?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If it's a book I know I'll really cherish, then I'll buy it new. My favourite author is Haruki Murakami, so I buy all of his books new. But if it's a book I'm just eager to read but am otherwise not very fussed about, I'll pick up a used copy. I'm usually still able to find a really good copy on the Amazon marketplace.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

If they're a decent condition then absolutely, I think it's cute that more people can enjoy the same story and probably imagine it all in very different ways plus you can get books ridic cheap (like about £3 inc. p&p on Amazon) instead of paying £20 lmao
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Yes definitely! Unless it’s in really bad condition I’d much rather buy it at $2 instead of $30-40 brand new in shops!

Theres only a couple I would buy brand new, collectors type ones. Otherwise if I can’t find a cheap version or it’s not under $15 on bookdepository then I usually cough obtain the ebook off the internet

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

I would buy any book used - i'm the same as Tom, it feels nicer for me if multiple people have gone through the same book, just looks special.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah I don't mind buying used books! I have this set of Jacqueline Wilson ones (I know she's a bit young for me, but I'm talking about the more teenage ones) and I had no idea there were more books to the set - one I managed to get new (wanted them all in paperback, had to wait so long to get that) and then the other I got really cheap on eBay or Amazon as it was older! Just got the newest one in the set, but as it was more of a seasonal standalone book I decided to just buy it in hardback - new was surprisingly cheap to say it was only just released (think it was £6).

I prefer books than Kindles or anything like that, I like being able to really get into the story and if a book is used then at least the pages will be bent and a bit rough so I won't feel bad about opening it (as opposed to opening a new, mint book) .

Tokens
    Habbo
    DaimC

Latest Awards:

I don't really have a good history with used books. Bought 3 books, all 3 had missing pages and just in bad condition. So i do try to get my books always new.
    (love):S

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

I'd rather to buy used comic books, but didn't put a lot of thought in that decision, to be honest! The only booksI bought from the used book store were a box with the complete collection of the first PT editions of Harry Potter, but they didn't seem used at all, just a bit old maybe?