HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Excuses for not going to a wedding

Hello,

So a family member of mine is getting married later this year. I said I would book the time off work and go, without thinking too much about it. Well, the thing is, now I am thinking about it I don't really want to go. I've been granted the time off work, and I wouldn't mind going if it was happening within the country and lasted for just a day, but she lives in Ireland, so everybody is booking a flight over there and staying for a couple of days. To put it bluntly, I don't want to fork out a couple hundred pound for somebody elses wedding, and it's not really feasible to go there and back in a day. I also don't feel like my prescence will make the slightest bit of difference. While I'm sure some people may like to see me for a moment, it doesn't really matter whether I'm there or not. I'm really stuck for an excuse, because I already told people I would go. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can get out of this?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Tell them you're double booked with an appointment at Habbo Hotel and won't be able to get from there to Ireland in time
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Go, you might find a hot bridesmaid.

If you really don't want to go then just say your work denied the holiday request?

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Go, you might find a hot bridesmaid.

If you really don't want to go then just say your work denied the holiday request?
    Hot bridesmaid PLUS AN IRISH ACCENT. Can I take your invite?

But yeah, work denied a holiday request or say you've already got an appointment or something that is career related.
    Like cameron446: Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Tom, I am not sure they will understand the severity and importance of Habbo Hotel.

I was thinking of using the work angle, but might just say I can't spare the money right now, or combine the two. I really have no interest in going.

Tokens
    Habbo
    PrettyLoven

When is the deadline to let your married-couple-to-be- know?
    And when is the wedding if you don't mind me asking?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The wedding is in August. I don't know about deadlines and all that. Sooner the better, though.

Tokens
    Habbo
    PrettyLoven

Oh cool I was right: D
    Well you could:

1. Just be honest and tell them you don't want to go. Send a congratulation gift.

2. Say that you are currently saving up for the trip. As the year go by say that these last few months been rough and you don't have the money. Kind of do it at the last minute so it would prevent other people from possibly paying for your expense. But do try to send a gift.

3. Or do a no show.
    Like Neversoft Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think I will just be honest and save any future hassle. I don't think it's really that reasonable to expect people to come to your wedding if they have to travel to another country, anyway. I'll just say it's a bit out of the way and I'm saving for my own plans. Cue the disappointment!

Tokens
    Habbo
    .:TaylorSwift:

Latest Awards:

I have two suggestions
    Don’t RSVP. Say You don’t have that much money to pay for the trip and if that doesn’t work say your job won’t let you leave. If all else fails say you need to stay for a funeral.