HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Default 04/05 habbo nostalgia trip. Vod Ddk etc.

Hey, just got thinking about habbo yesterday for some reason, and it’s sent me on a nostalgia trip, lost contact with everyone obviously so I thought I’d post this here incase anyone has a nostalgia trip in the future and stumbles across it haha. I think I used to go on 04/05 time, but may have been earlier or later haha. My main account was LX until it was banned and then I used V. (Probably had V. for longer)

I was friends with
    Nick. Demonicseed and simmzy etc (spelling may be wrong) and loads more that I can barely remember and don’t want to make mistakes, so if you’re reading this, and knew me, I can probably remember your habbo name if you mention it.

Here is my little story:
    I remember when nick. Founded [vod] and listed me as a cofounder for most of it because I’d came up with the shit name for it haha. I couldn’t script or hack or anything, all I could do was use the programs that nick sent me haha.

Any questions feel free to ask, if this thread gets going I’ll add more stories from the time (if I can remember)

But yeah, did you go on in those times? Do you have any interesting memories?

I’ll probs forget about this in a day. But I have set my account up to my email so if I don’t reply on here then send me a message.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

lmao I used to use some of the vod stuff, wasn't actually part of them but knew people from there and other "krewz" wow we were such cool kids. Still got some coloured stickies (grey because am well goffick) in one of my rooms that I did with a standalone vod program because I was too nooby to use artmoney
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

I remember it vaguely but never actually used anything, just found it interesting to look at. I think its Vod I remember - it was a really dark website and its colour scheme was black and green. They did similar things anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    lmao I used to use some of the vod stuff, wasn't actually part of them but knew people from there and other "krewz" wow we were such cool kids. Still got some coloured stickies (grey because am well goffick) in one of my rooms that I did with a standalone vod program because I was too nooby to use artmoney
    Haha that’s crazy like, I’d forgot what artmoney was called until you mentioned it! Haha grey stickers were the best, I also remember having some bright green ones to really stand out against the red walls in most my rooms haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I remember it vaguely but never actually used anything, just found it interesting to look at. I think its Vod I remember - it was a really dark website and its colour scheme was black and green. They did similar things anyway.
    One of vods old “trashsites” is still up, awful tripod free website with an awful layout and awful banners (I take blame for the banners haha) think it was one of our first cause I’m sure nick. made a much improved version that always way aesthetically pleasing in comparison haha

But yeah, this was one of the websites:
    http://members.tripod.com/nickuk_7/v...eath/id87.html

But not our main one with any programs on.

I had a nostalgia trip about 5 years ago and found a better website that was still online but i can’t find it now, but it had loads of different things on there, although it did list me in the top 25 scripters - which I found hilarious. Must have been a piss take haha!

moderator alert Posted edited by Joe, Super Forum Moderator - It did the double posting thing by accident - changed it for ya!
    Last edited by Joe; 17-01-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Haha cheers for the edit, I had noticed it had double posted part of it but I was on my way to work and running late haha. Cheers!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LXV.Kyle View Post
    Haha cheers for the edit, I had noticed it had double posted part of it, but I was on my way to work and running late haha. Cheers!
    No worries - I wouldn't be bothered by my OCD just takes over on shit like that.

I procrastinated some coursework and took a look at the link you dropped - so refreshing to see stuff that I was legit looking at so many years ago as a kid. Even the nostalgia of seeing the old client and how GOOD everything looked back then. Well, you know, it didn't look good really, but it did because it was new!

Thanks for sharing. You mentioned if people were interested you maybe had a few stories. Would be cool to hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    No worries - I wouldn't be bothered by my OCD just takes over on shit like that.

I procrastinated some coursework and took a look at the link you dropped - so refreshing to see stuff that I was legit looking at so many years ago as a kid. Even the nostalgia of seeing the old client and how GOOD everything looked back then. Well, you know, it didn't look good really, but it did because it was new!

Thanks for sharing. You mentioned if people were interested you maybe had a few stories. Would be cool to hear them.
    I used to love habbo back in the day, just made an account again yesterday at the same time I made this post (just to have a little look around) and I legit don’t have a clue what is going on haha, so many different things haha.

But yeah, the stuff on that link was when I used to get in from school as a 13/14 year old and go straight online and spend my night on habbo haha. Used to think I was so cool being in Vod and putting furni in walls lol.

It’s hard to remember the stories properly, but basically If I remember correct, I had a “mafia” called DDM (dead demons mafia haha) and then ddk came about and nick wanted to set up his own krew even though he was mates with darkflame and most of ddk, so we set up vod and since ddk was very exclusive and originally kept to less than 10 members from what I can remember, we let a lot of people in who they wouldn’t have and we ended up being more active, no doubt they were “better” and more skilled (apart from nick and a few others of ours) There were a few of them who still hung with us even when we had a big rivalry. We used to literally **** about each other all the time on our respective websites haha. Nick used to always leave and then come back but he would always give me all his furni before he left because he knew I’d give it back whenever he returned. Baring in mind, i had never actually met him in real life and he would give me like 60 thrones etc, then I’d give them straight back haha.

I think I left in 05 and just slowly lost touch with them all, it’s a shame really, hope the likes of Nick and Craig (demonicseed - what a name! Haha) etc do stumble across this cause I’d love to hear what they remember about it all.

It’s just crazy to think how much fun o had as a young kid on this website back then haha.

When did you get into habbo?

Oh I also remember when you couldn’t type ddk or Vod without it turning to bobba for a while. That was the best feeling ever haha. I’m sure the mods thought it would annoy us but it just made us all dead happy haha.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

[$]

Tokens
    Habbo
    bill

Latest Awards:

Hahaha wow this was a throwback, I forgot about artmoney. Anyone remember crashex? That guy was a beauty. I remember simmzy too. Using artmoney to warp was the highlight of scripting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hahaha wow this was a throwback, I forgot about artmoney. Anyone remember crashex? That guy was a beauty. I remember simmzy too. Using artmoney to warp was the highlight of scripting for me.
    I don’t remember crashex off the top of my head. And when I wrote simmzy I think I meant sen0r but I also remember simmzy but wasn’t as close. My head is so fuzzy from those days so I may have known crashex if he was around at the same time as me. I remember the first time I put furni in a wall and thought I was the best for using someone else’s hard work so I could put a pixel behind another pixel haha.

Also, just realised, I’ve put 04/05 but it may well be 02/03/04 I have no idea haha. I seem to remember habbo club first coming out, and I’m sure I read somewhere that was 02. Mental.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast