HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

Default Best way to get over heartbreak?

Hey all,

I've recently lost someone who I was with for four years straight - just wondering how do you get over heartbreak / tips and advice.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Time is a great healer. I was with my partner for two and a half years and then we split - I was very hurt and no one seemed to care. I found someone else and I don't know.. It just got easier for me in time. Keep yourself preoccupied. If you work, then work a lot during this time
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Unless you meet somebody else, I don't think there really is a clear cut way. My five year relationship ended a year ago this month, and I still haven't been able to get over it. It hurts me every day, and I feel lonely a lot. Sometimes I feel like I can't cope, that there's nothing worth looking forward to anymore, and it gets me down. Like Zak said, try to keep yourself occupied. Work, hobbies, hang out with friends. It takes time, but your mind will be most at ease when you're focused on something else. All the best to you.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Best way to get over someone is get under someone else!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Had quite a traumatic relationship break down in November - I had quite bad anxiety for Christmas which affected me in all forms of my life - especially Uni. However, time helped me and so did surrounding myself with people that loved me helped too - family, close friends, uni friends (who in fact helped the most). Keep going as it does get easier.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sianness

Latest Awards:

Friends and time. Let yourself feel the loss, be a little crazy. One day you'll wake up and they won't be in your mind anymore.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Man, I was thinking about making a similar thread some days ago, but I froze for some reason

A few days after this latest new year, my friendship with the dude I was particularly interested tragical and pointlessly ended, after almost 6 months of intense, stimulating and FUN talk. We were like these talking and giddy bestest friends, and we've meant that, that was GOOD. I never felt that I'd ever recover myself from this, since this is too new to me and something crazy happened in the middle of this thing - even the sight of his avatar would make me get hurt inside, a difficulty of letting it go for real, the inconsistent hope and all these stuffs that we're accustomed to see in abusive cases

If I'm here on Habbox, that means that a little part of me is recovered from all that pain and missingness already and, although we cannot really ERASE the thought of the people we loved in the past (why would we want to? they are now a memento of our just-found strength, correct?), we reconquer our feeling of independence and clear the emotional attachment over them as time goes. In order to BOOST this process, erase, burn and chuck out of your sight everything that remained them. Like, don't feel blamed to be mad about it all, since some people tend to hide their anger because they were taught that such feelings are not good and we need to be smiling 24/7, lol.

Whatever happens, even if you stayed with them for 4 years straight, they were just a PAGE or your book, not a CHAPTER, or the book itself!

Good luck to us, buddy.
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 05-02-2018 at 06:49 AM.