HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Potentially imminent 'No Confidence' vote in the British PM expected

Potentially imminent 'No Confidence' vote in the British PM expected

Rumours of an imminent challenge to replace the Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by The Sun
    TORY backbench boss Sir Graham Brady has begged angry MPs for no more formal demands for a leadership contest — sparking suspicion a challenge on Theresa May is imminent.

A no confidence vote in the Conservative leader is automatically triggered if Sir Graham receives 48 letters, which is 15% of the parliamentary party.

One senior backbencher told The Sun the top Tory was “ashen faced” at the prospect of getting one more letter recently – which he has intimated could spark a bitter leadership election and plunge Brexit talks into chaos.

The party grandee’s terrified reaction suggests the number of letters he has already received may now have reached the mid 40s, as anger with “dull, dull, dull” Theresa May spirals on the Tory benches.

The Sun has also learnt that Brady has told colleagues mulling over whether to send a letter recently to “be careful” and think of the “consequences” before putting pen to paper.

Nicknamed “The Men In Gray Suits”, the powerful backbench 1922 Committee must notify Downing Street within 24 hours that the critical threshold for a confidence vote has been met.
    There's been all kinds of briefing going on this week and the fact it has now broken to The Sun (the story itself will have been planted by plotters) suggests a vote is pretty imminent. I certainly get that 'feel' from the stories.

IF it goes to a No Confidence vote then it is usually held immediately and if the party leader loses then they cannot stand in the new leadership ballot - in any case, it would be unlikely in my view that the PM would choose to fight on as the very fact a vote was taking place would seriously undermine her last threads of authority over the party.

I don't want a change in leadership for a variety of reasons but as a paid up member of the Conservative and Unionist Party i'll have a vote if it goes to deciding a new Prime Minister. I'm sure the next 24 hours will be interesting...

Thoughts? Should the Tories replace Theresa May as PM?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 24-01-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Absolutely daft, we saw from Corbyn's fatal loss in the GE that a party divided over leadership support can't contend properly on the national stage. Oppositions almost always have a lot of support simply because they're not the ones making the big unpopular decisions (whoever it is) and things like this amount to giving up your party's reign pretty much
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Looks to be very close now.

The Leave wing of the party was previously supportive - that looks to be over with Rees-Mogg's comments just now. Hammond's latest comments this hour will only pour fuel on the fire making a leadership ballot more likely.

Of the front-runners at the moment, i'll be backing Rees-Mogg, Boris or Davis for the leadership.