HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    PrettyLoven

Question Have your computer ever had a virus?

If you have then tell us how it happen and what you did to do prevent future attacks.

Meet Elley and His Dancing Friends!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

I did once after downloading a game that I apparently should've done my research about. I think it loaded my computer with about 3000 viruses? So yeah, don't download games you're not 100% sure on.

I managed to sort my computer out using MalwareBytes which I trust a lot more than I do some of the paid antivirus applications. Competely cleaned it and I did a bit of searching for strange processes anyway that I managed to get rid of.

Ekelektra is offline Content Design Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Erin)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ekelektra

Latest Awards:

We always have virus protection so have never got anything. When I was young I went to a dodgy site and it tried to give us a trojan, which the virus protector picked up but my parents were so angry. Since then I have never got anything bad.

Check out our fabulous wiki!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    DaimC

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I did once after downloading a game that I apparently should've done my research about. I think it loaded my computer with about 3000 viruses? So yeah, don't download games you're not 100% sure on.

I managed to sort my computer out using MalwareBytes which I trust a lot more than I do some of the paid antivirus applications. Competely cleaned it and I did a bit of searching for strange processes anyway that I managed to get rid of.
    Same thing happened to me also, downloaded some game and it got me a virus or a couple :b
    But then i got Malwarebytes and it did the trick. Now i use Avast with Malwarebytes and i quite often do a scan on my pc and go looking if something weird is running.
    Also i have to agree that some of the paid antivirus applications are lacking compared to Malwarebytes.
    (love):S

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sianness

Latest Awards:

oh yeh, a few when I was young and trawling the internet like a noob, now I just always make sure my antivirus is up to date, to a scan whenever I'm on it, avoid dodgy downloads (used to love my torrents)

Tokens
    Habbo
    thatc00lgirl

Latest Awards:

tons omg last time when i was younger and decided to download torrent and all the shitty movies and games files and killed my laptop but yeh somehow
    revived it haha.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Oh back in the days of Limewire...... many many viruses.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Rarely come on here now but the best thing to do if you get infected - learn from your mistakes.

Most people when they get infected and have an antivirus blame the antivirus for missing it but you can never get 100 percent protection so you need to ask where did the virus come from e.g. bad site, bad download, clicking things you shouldn't like spam attachments, adverts.

Take my dad he will never learn. Used to click all those popups about viruses. I have been infected in the past when I was young but it helped. As they say you need to make mistakes to learn from them. These days I use eset and malwarebytes and avoid dodgy sites

Tokens
    Habbo
    HabbosLegend

Latest Awards:

One time ages ago I got Zwinky and the MyWebSearch toolbar and thats how the family's advent laptop got a virus, but that was like a long time ago!
    I do be that Habbo Legend.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sonny.nixon

Latest Awards:

I have never had a virus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast