HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    PrettyLoven

Question Censor or Uncensored version?

Do you sometimes listen to the censor version of a song or the uncensored version?
    Or does it depend on how much "graphic-ness" you can take?

I was listening to a song the other night on Youtube by T.I. I listened to the real version of the song for the first time and I must say, the uncensored version was off beat compare to the clean version I head on my video game. And it was, as expected, too graphic.
    There is a song feat. Lil Kim that is one of my favorite song that I prefer uncensored. The difference with the song and the T.I song is that the Lil Kim sound has swear words that doesn't describe a woman in a down degrading manner. The T.I song uncensored did that too graphic-ly. The censor version, although it was slightly graphic, I could bare.

How about you?: )

Meet Elley and His Dancing Friends!!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Uncensored is always best. Censored versions feel dirty and incomplete.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Ekelektra is offline Content Design Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Erin)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ekelektra

Latest Awards:

Probably the uncensored because that's how it's supposed to be and I don't mind bad words!! It's jarring when a song is censored but you can tell what is supposed to be there and usually even if it is a clean version I sing it normally anyway. But I don't like it when it's unnecessary and thrown in just to be shocking and I don't listen to music that needs to be heavily censored anyway.

Check out our fabulous wiki!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Mostly uncensored so you don't get random silences/beeps/jarring additions BUTTTTTTTT there are two songs that I firmly believe are better in the censored versions:

Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started

This was originally "Let's Get ******ed" which wasn't meant to be a dig at the handicapped but a slang word for drunk. Still, the change makes it much better and more pleasant to sing/shout along to

CeeLo Green - Forget You
    As you're probably aware, this originally had a much less mild F word in the title. "Forget" actually fits the rhythm better in my opinion so the radio edit here is the winner

Special mention to Lily Allen who did It's Not Fair live on radio and changed the line "I spent ages giving head" to "I spent all day kneading bread"
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    CeeLo Green - Forget You
    As you're probably aware, this originally had a much less mild F word in the title. "Forget" actually fits the rhythm better in my opinion so the radio edit here is the winner

Special mention to Lily Allen who did It's Not Fair live on radio and changed the line "I spent ages giving head" to "I spent all day kneading bread"
    AND Lily has a song whose title has a much less mild F word in

The English explicit content never bothered me or sounded offensive, maybe because I got to know them after childhood and my concept of what is a bad word is entirely different. For example, it'd be a bit embarrassing to listen to an explicit Brazilian song next to the family rsrsrsrsrsrssrsrs.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sonny.nixon

Latest Awards:

I prefer the uncensored version because it is weird when it is the censored version because you dont get the feel off the music

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Depends on the song and the word. Generally I'll turn off every song that has the N word in it because I think it's totally unnecessary but most other swears are OK. It's sometimes just so gratuitious and adds NOTHING to the song. Then people like Eminem have swears in their songs and it seems normal

RIGHT I HAVE AN EXAMPLE

Take Zayn's Pillow Talk

What is the ADDITION of having "**** you" instead of "loving you". The song sounds BETTER as loving IMO, it seems gratuitous and like he's deliberately trying to distance himself from him 1D says

Several Pink songs have unnecessary swearing

BASICALLY i'd choose censored over non-censored in most cases, so I'd choose that with no context!

Like Sonnynixon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Uncensored! All the time. I think music is about expression, why curb?