HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I'm not sure the forum or the fan site will go any where. Even if the domain were to expire someone would revive it.

Even though I didn't know Matt. He seemed like the glue holding Habbox together. People grow up and move on.

---MAD---
    nvrspk4
    -Danube-
    jrh2002
    HotelUser

Come and gone.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sloths View Post
    Ty for your words of wisdom! I wonder what I’m managing then if the Help Desk is no more???
    Go on defensive, great.
    Quote Originally Posted by despect View Post
    I think what you're forgetting is that the state of most fansites these days have declined, fansites themselves just aren't as popular as they once was. Help desk is what I own unless I'm missing something?
    Fairly sure HFFM is more popular than Habbox was when it was popular, so logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    I don't think he was saying me or gina leaving was his main opinion on why Habbox was in decline but he noticed since he was last on that we have left. Not a surprise considering how much activity myself and Gina did have in terms of being online etc etc. But surely you should be all passed the finger blaming now for people who haven't worked here for many many months.

Habbox has been in a decline for a long time and currently it's probably the worst I have ever seen it when you compare it to other fansites who seem to be doing a better job.

Anyway, I'll defend Gina. She left Habbox when she got into Uni and wanted to focus her life on that instead of worrying about a Habbo fansite. Makes perfect sense to me. She can be friends with whoever she wants to be but as a person she's still the lovely Gina we all know and love.

Adios.
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    As you mentioned in your post Habbo has a lot fewer users and there are a lot more fansites so we are competing for a much smaller userbase.
    IMO the passing the blame game is how Habbox has been for a long time it's always been the issue, but never actually identifying the problems, IE over the past 2 years or so, the older members have been pushed to the side, while the newer members given incentives, rather than both.

While HFFM & other competition have a heap of prizes in comparison to Habbox, mainly as Jake, Mammoth etc fund it, that also is one of the reasons I'd mention
    Like SackRace Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    You were listening to Habbox when you were nine then, cool.

I'm the same nowadays. It's still a habit going onto HxF most of the time, (and I still do features), but I literally come on Habbox, click new posts, get pissed off at the replies on threads, especially when there's rule breaks. Once upon a time I'd report it, I'd actually care, especially when I ran the forum, nowadays though there's no point as there's a lack of activity and if people who hold some level of authority (staff+ etc.) don't care either then you can't expect the members to.
    It's unfair to say staff+ don't "care" because you know that's complete BS.

With the forum and supposed rule breaks (which I haven't seen) you have to bear in mind that in the last couple years the rules have been massively relaxed to make it more fun to post around rather than abiding by really strict rules etc. If you see rule breaks then please do report them or send them because none of us have seen anything that warrants it lately!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Isn't Jake long gone?

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Rules were relaxed for sure which was a very good thing, that period under ---MAD--- although it was at the peak of Habbox sure did a hell of a lot of damage. You think of all the active people who were pushed out in that period... what a huge shame!

Interesting how this particular topic has just suddenly generated activity though haha, ironic.

Like Joe Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Isn't Jake long gone?
    dont think so, but dont really keep up. i seem to have him on twitter and he seems fairly active on the habbo front

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    IMO the passing the blame game is how Habbox has been for a long time it's always been the issue, but never actually identifying the problems, IE over the past 2 years or so, the older members have been pushed to the side, while the newer members given incentives, rather than both.

While HFFM & other competition have a heap of prizes in comparison to Habbox, mainly as Jake, Mammoth etc fund it, that also is one of the reasons I'd mention
    It's not a blame game I will freely admit that more should have been done for years now to recruit new users. But comparing Habbox to 2006 Habbox is pointless because of the reasons I said.

We have loads of incentives for new members. As for prizes, we give out 100s of credits for normal competitions (habbox starz, special weekends) and I personally fund thousands for HxSS every year. James and Sho, as well as some amazing staff who I'm not sure would want the credit, also donate so many for events and features that makes it so much easier when in previous years I've been funding everything out of my own pocket... while buying a house so obviously funds were squeezed...

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

It's not a blame game I will freely admit that more should have been done for years now to recruit new users. But comparing Habbox to 2006 Habbox is pointless because of the reasons I said.

We have loads of incentives for new members. As for prizes, we give out 100s of credits for normal competitions (habbox starz, special weekends) and I personally fund thousands for HxSS every year. James and Sho, as well as some amazing staff who I'm not sure would want the credit, also donate so many for events and features that makes it so much easier when in previous years I've been funding everything out of my own pocket... while buying a house so obviously funds were squeezed...
    I understand that, but what have you done to keep your older members?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's unfair to say staff+ don't "care" because you know that's complete BS.

With the forum and supposed rule breaks (which I haven't seen) you have to bear in mind that in the last couple years the rules have been massively relaxed to make it more fun to post around rather than abiding by really strict rules etc. If you see rule breaks then please do report them or send them because none of us have seen anything that warrants it lately!
    if people who hold some level of authority (staff+ etc.) don't care either then you can't expect the members to.

Some people care, but not all members of staff will really care about Habbox nowadays - more so the inactive people etc.
    Last edited by Samantha; 02-03-2018 at 07:34 PM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I am sure Jake is still active, everytime I log onto the hotel (once in a blue moon I admit) he's online. He was a huge loss to this website, always said that. He was well connected and he's been playing for years - all his energy at HFFM could have been here.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast