HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    I understand that, but what have you done to keep your older members?
    Continually asked what they wanted, what we could do for them, provided VIP and token items, had continual events

a lot of older members didn't seem interested in a) getting involved in the discussion (unless it was complaining, like this thread ironically), or getting involved in events whether they're on habbo or forum based (as I tried that a couple years back). We've had forum comps, sales, I personally try to post as many threads as I can for people to get involved in - really I am at a loss of what people WANT us to do because all I get is "activity is shit"... that's not feedback that's complaining.

Older members leave because they go to uni or get grown up lives - that's just a fact of nature - so of course our priority has to be on recruiting new, younger members or older active members to "fill" their place as such. Lately we've had such a good activity on client, but it's not translating to the forum, which I genuinely believe is because the way the internet is changing as a whole (call it a blame game but that's how I see it!)

A lot of the damage with older members was done before I became GM though.

Like LUCPIX, Demi Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Continually asked what they wanted, what we could do for them, provided VIP and token items, had continual events

a lot of older members didn't seem interested in a) getting involved in the discussion (unless it was complaining, like this thread ironically), or getting involved in events whether they're on habbo or forum based (as I tried that a couple years back). We've had forum comps, sales, I personally try to post as many threads as I can for people to get involved in - really I am at a loss of what people WANT us to do because all I get is "activity is shit"... that's not feedback that's complaining.

Older members leave because they go to uni or get grown up lives - that's just a fact of nature - so of course our priority has to be on recruiting new, younger members or older active members to "fill" their place as such. Lately we've had such a good activity on client, but it's not translating to the forum, which I genuinely believe is because the way the internet is changing as a whole (call it a blame game but that's how I see it!)

I completely agree on all of your points but

provided VIP and token items, had continual events
    Won't appeal to your market, most older members (You will notice) don't care about any of these, you need to target the prizes towards your members. I understand all (Bar the events) are pretty much free for you to give away.

In terms of the uni and people moving on with their lifes, that's true, but some members will stick around if there was something that interests them (This goes back to threads, posts etc) Which you can't really control.

I think for me the whole fading out of Habbox was the whole posting competitions, I understand when I was younger, that would have interested me (considering I pretty much done a competition with myself) but that also pushes your older members out with the quality of the posts being super poor and uncontrollable essentially

Just a note (I know you'll already know this) but restoring past members is easier than gaining new ones
    Last edited by GoldenMerc; 02-03-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

See I'm not one for VIP, (plus I can't have it ) but I loved the Black Friday event/sale you/James/Shoned did, it actually made me use my tokens which is really what it was for and I got cute furni out of it! Shame I don't really play Habbo as much as I used to nowadays, and I couldn't suggest anything at the moment that would gain activity for me/other members.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I completely agree on all of your points but

Won't appeal to your market, most older members (You will notice) don't care about any of these, you need to target the prizes towards your members. I understand all (Bar the events) are pretty much free for you to give away.

In terms of the uni and people moving on with their lifes, that's true, but some members will stick around if there was something that interests them (This goes back to threads, posts etc) Which you can't really control.

I think for me the whole fading out of Habbox was the whole posting competitions, I understand when I was younger, that would have interested me (considering I pretty much done a competition with myself) but that also pushes your older members out with the quality of the posts being super poor and uncontrollable essentially

Just a note (I know you'll already know this) but restoring past members is easier than gaining new ones
    That's fair enough. If those things don't work. You're an older member.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?

Please tell us because we are LITERALLY out of ideas, as far as my creativity goes we have tried everything for older members!

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

That's fair enough. If those things don't work. You're an older member.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?

Please tell us because we are LITERALLY out of ideas, as far as my creativity goes we have tried everything for older members!
    I know this probably goes way past what you are budgeting but stuff like Habbo, coloured crap names etc won't work.

Gift cards, MAYBE even old school events *Unsure*

I'll come back with more ideas when I have them

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    See I'm not one for VIP, (plus I can't have it ) but I loved the Black Friday event/sale you/James/Shoned did, it actually made me use my tokens which is really what it was for and I got cute furni out of it! Shame I don't really play Habbo as much as I used to nowadays, and I couldn't suggest anything at the moment that would gain activity for me/other members.
    That was @Mikey;'s idea! Such a good one. It wouldl be good to do more but we need to look at how it works to not allow some inactive older members to buy out the entire store not leaving anything for active members!

- - - Updated - - -

I know this probably goes way past what you are budgeting but stuff like Habbo, coloured crap names etc won't work.

Gift cards, MAYBE even old school events *Unsure*

I'll come back with more ideas when I have them
    Stuff like Habbo? Habbo don't really do anything though apart from host the hotel (which would be illegal )

We've done gift card prizes and activity/interest hasn't been any higher!

Also done retro/throwback and events which some people loved but completly alienated newer people which suuucked

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

That was @Mikey;'s idea! Such a good one. It wouldl be good to do more but we need to look at how it works to not allow some inactive older members to buy out the entire store not leaving anything for active members!

- - - Updated - - -

We've done gift card prizes and activity/interest hasn't been any higher!
    But how do they know you are doing this? What are you using to push that traffic to the competition

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I personally feel it’s down to the older member to *want* to be part of it all.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

But how do they know you are doing this? What are you using to push that traffic to the competition
    Twitter is the most effective way we find. All our events now have on client presences as well as on forum/site. Messaging on Skype and PM/invites on Habbox. Post over the forum with force read threads. Notices, banners. We genuinely do get people involved in Habbox because of them, but translating them to forum users isn't going as well as the on client stuff!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YellowBelli View Post
    I personally feel it’s down to the older member to *want* to be part of it all.
    techincally you count as an older member with your merged account

Tokens
    Habbo
    wordofwisdom

Like I said previously I didn't mean for this to cause an argument, I used to chill in the HxHD but over the last few months when I've went to go there no ones either been there or the room was non existent.

To answer what many are saying, It's true the traffic has declined massively you can try your hardest and for the sake of habbox considering it was the first fansite I stumbled across when I was 8 I hope it gets better but Habbo has nothing going for it for the traffic numbers to just sharply rise. They're not allowed ad's etc

Dover Atheltic (CONFERANCE PREMIERSHIP)

Seaosn Over Dover Promoted to The Conferance Premiership

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast