HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ya’all doing a fantastic job, putting so much energy into it all. Keep it up, don’t give up. I know I’m full of cheese but seriously, positivity is so important to succeed xx

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by YellowBelli View Post
    Ya’all doing a fantastic job, putting so much energy into it all. Keep it up, don’t give up. I know I’m full of cheese but seriously, positivity is so important to succeed xx
    You're my fav person ever right now, so cute xxxxx

i TOTALLY agree though. If you see something at Habbox you don't think is working or you can change then PLEASE either come and change it or advise us how! We are so open to suggestions and SO much is changing in next few months it's amazing. Be positive not negative with your criticism and we are so happy to take it on board

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by YellowBelli View Post
    The big bad wolf of social media has swallowed most of it up! Scan my fingerprint, and boom! On my screen is the text box to write my thoughts or I immediately scroll to find an interaction. Simple and easy wins. I personally believe that’s why habbo has decreased popularity too. They’ve over complicated the user experience.
    Hey, I know it's a late answer but it is totally correct! Habboxforum (as well as all the forums which follow this kind of format) is substantially swimming, bravely swimming against the stream of the ways of communication from these days. If there's something we should pride ourselves is: we're the alive and breathing remaining people from a generation of internet-users who've actually thought. We're content makers, we don't look for other people to do this for us. WE'RE SURVIVORS! We even have +130 IQ people here, we have really creative people here, opinionated, funny, unless I'm terribly mistaken

See, have they "overcomplicated" the user experiences or have the average social media been "oversimplified" in the name of a better design and experience and now everything that even is slightly "harder" than Facebook/Twitter/Discord/etc is easily discarded because they "cba".. aka romanticized passive behavior (ok, with some exceptions)? Comparing to the forum/email/myspace eras , the current common internet users have lost the amazing ability of writing coherent opinions, making big sermons, formulating ideas and being creative because now the whole online environment does always influence us to be superficial, write tweet-sized texts and always avoid the deep, always saying the same things, confusing superficiality and treating it as though it is a synonym of "intelligence"; If you want to express your points of view, you do not even need to waste neurons to type them out, there's this bunch of influencers which says everything you (do think you) always wanted to say and it's only a SHARE button away.

tl;dr - nowaday's social media convince you to share posts, forums invite you to do everything by yourself, to assume your individuality, to make your content; and it scares the massive majority, who are no longer accustomed to do it. But I also have faith, man. And we don't even have to have big numbers. The key is the way the feedback effect affect us: Movement generates movement and, as we can see every now and then, silence generates more silence. So, what do you think we need?
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 03-03-2018 at 02:34 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

See, I nearly just “liked” your comment and then run away. That’s my natural response now... damn you facebook!
    Like lawrawrrr, Sho Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

a legitimate query and concern is met with sarcasm, dismissal and personal attacks on others

has there been a new catfish recently or just any interesting drama
    Like Elegance, Kyle Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Nah the only real drama is when people give up on things they said they'd do and disappear
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sianness

Latest Awards:

I'm hoping in comps I can do a few things for you older members, just give me a little time.

Also, there's a lot of grumpy people about.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

if one of the problems is the lack of general activity, one of the solutions could be that each person who logs on the forum but does not interact 'forced' themselves to make at least one post a day until it becomes something common to them

Tokens

First joined HxF in 2006 - kept on getting banned from the site as I was very young at the time, now I am a father of my own child, own a house, the way the forum has decliend is amazing over the last 5/6 years alone. The Internet has moved on, it's more minecraft now!

There was always something to read on this forum, from the development of the radio panel (which AFAIK is still around?) I believe Tom is also still around not 100% sure though.Lycan too if I remember. All great people, and TomF as well. There is a few more guys that I can't quite remember the names of but this forum was buzzing at one point, every day there was a new development, which enticed people here (It did me for a long time as well) fresh content every minute of the day, around 500+ members on at one time, this forum has now only got around 10 members on at one time, I don't know all the history of this forum but when I joined it was the place to be!
    Last edited by MSPNick; 04-04-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Tokens

Going on from this, I also think that a lot of the original management have abandoned ship here, could be another reason for a massive decline.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast