HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

It is a curious fact that, no matter where, when any kind of virtual community suffers a crisis, those with grey hair automatically come out of the sewers, almost as if summoned, to celebrate with a choice of words and tell each other that they are right

This is a trap
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 04-04-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    It is a curious fact that, no matter where, when any kind of virtual community suffers a crisis, those with grey hair automatically come out of the sewers, almost as if summoned, to celebrate with a choice of words and tell each other that they are right

This is a trap
    or that some of us have been part of this community for over 10 years and its some what part of their lifes..

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

It is a curious fact that, no matter where, when any kind of virtual community suffers a crisis, some of them that have been part of this community for over 10 years and its somehow part of their lifes temporarily come of the sewers, almost as if summoned, to celebrate with a choice of words and tell each other that the activity is shit prophecy is right

This is a trap

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    A lot of the damage with older members was done before I became GM though.
    I'm not sure there was much that Habbox could do. Forums are an old medium of communication, people want insta' this and omg that. Something which Habbox cannot provide.

Quote Originally Posted by MSPNick View Post
    Going on from this, I also think that a lot of the original management have abandoned ship here, could be another reason for a massive decline.
    Define original management. All 'original management' abandoned ship years ago. It's not a bad thing it's just a part of life.

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    I think older members just have a tendency to say it how it is. It's not malicious, it's just their opinion! They provide the forum with a wealth of knowledge and experience - invaluable. It's no different when I joined and older members like Ostinato talked down to me like I was an idiot. I was back then! haha
    Last edited by Zak; 06-04-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

I think another reason may be the fact that I always found Habbox held a community of 'older' Habbo users in the meaning of how long they've played.

Everyone grows a bit older, goes to university, gets different jobs further afield, get into relationships etc. etc. and these are all things which draw users away. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

EDIT: Oh I've been on Habbox 10 years. wow.

bella ciao
    Like LUCPIX, Joe Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think there are two main reasons activity on Habbox has died down. The first is simply because Habbo isn't as popular anymore. Habbox doesn't have as large of a potential audience as it once did. The second is that, somewhere along the way, it was outdone. There were always Habbo fansites, but Habbox was arguably the first to take off, and they really hit it big with both the rare values and the radio. I remember when I started playing Habbo in 2004, you couldn't trade with anybody without referring to Habbox, and thousands would stick around to listen to the radio every week — it was all-around the place to be. Habbox had gained massive exposure on the game, the Help Desk was very prominent, and many of the staff members were well known on Habbo. This is how it was for a good number of years, but competition grew, help desks died down, and departments floundered, and rather than being the place to be, Habbox became a place to be. The popular fansites these days seem to put out content a lot quicker and offer information that simply isn't present on Habbox (such as badge guides for new events). Nevertheless, Habbox flourished for a very long time, and has seen the birth and death of a great many rivals, and still here it remains. Viva la Habbox, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    It's no different when I joined and older members like Ostinato talked down to me like I was an idiot.
    Hahaha! Damn, those were the days.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 06-04-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Undoubtedly Habbo isn't as popular as it once was. In comparison to other companies Sulake has done very little to develop their game. It still looks and feels the same as it did 10 years ago.

How is Habbox to thrive as a community when Habbo has so little interest? It needs a revolution!

As Neversoft has said "you couldn't trade with anybody without referring to Habbox". He's right, I stared at that orange template every night for years.
    Like LUCPIX, lawrawrrr Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Sukia's trade room was one of the first places I used to frequent on Habbo, and "check Habbox rare values" may as well have been its slogan.
    Like LUCPIX, Joe, tm Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Sukia's trade room was one of the first places I used to frequent on Habbo, and "check Habbox rare values" may as well have been its slogan.
    buying ts 4hc

haha

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

or was it tsofa lol

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast