HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    im sure the owner was someone who never posted after like 2006 or something. one day habbox will cease to exist without any warning.
    I think it's changed hands a few time - last I know MattG was on top of it all (or so I believe)

bella ciao

Tokens

Latest Awards:

tbh i think i stopped really going on habbo in like 2008 or something, i was just on here arguing with dan about politics. im 26 now so think im probably a bit too old to be on these sites now lol but i guess there's a lot of people on here about the same age judging on the join dates...
    goodbye.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

I've been on and off since I joined - but I am one of the guilty ones. I think quite a few of the 'old timers' are about the same age, if not older.

It's not a game, it's a lifestyle choice

bella ciao

Tokens

Latest Awards:

lol i never really made mates on here like some people did but was always about... i know there was at least 2 people from my college who were on here lol

im just shocked that someone is still paying the bills nearly 15years after it started. no way is this thing profitable.
    goodbye.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    Out of interest, does anyone know how much it costs to keep Habbox up and running?

Domains/hosting/vBulletin etc.

Oh and the extortionate wages of senior management
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I'm quite interested in this too. I would imagine donator/vip is some sort of funding, but not too sure how much donator would actually be needed to be sold to cover the costs.
    I might be able to answer this for you.

Hosting - £90 a month (This may have changed but Habbox has a dedicated server)
    cPanel Licence - £10 a month if that.
    Domains - Depends how many years they get renewed for, but around £13 a year. So that's £39 a year for the 3x main domains if they only renew it for 1 year each every time.
    vBulletin - Was paid as a full licence when vBulletin 4 was released, no further payments are needed I believe.

Note: While the server costs seem expensive the server I believe is used more than just for Habbox purposes.

Donator/VIP sales have not been high for a while, unless that has magically changed since I have left but they haven't been covering costs to keep the sites running for a long time. With many people now blocking ads, I think the same can be said with the Google adverts as well.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 19-04-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator
    Like Zak Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post

Domains - Depends how many years they get renewed for, but around £13 a year. So that's £39 a year for the 3x main domains if they only renew it for 1 year each every time.
    vBulletin - Was paid as a full licence when vBulletin 4 was released, no further payments are needed I believe.

Note: While the server costs seem expensive the server I believe is used more than just for Habbox purposes.

Donator/VIP sales have not been high for a while, unless that has magically changed since I have left but they haven't been covering costs to keep the sites running for a long time. With many people now blocking ads, I think the same can be said with the Google adverts as well.
    does sierk pay this? he must be well into his 30s?
    goodbye.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

ouchy! I definitely don't believe there'd be enough VIP/donator purchases purely for the lack of usage, especially to cover that cost. It's a shame, if enough users were here and purchased it could pay for itself. :/

bella ciao

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    ouchy! I definitely don't believe there'd be enough VIP/donator purchases purely for the lack of usage, especially to cover that cost. It's a shame, if enough users were here and purchased it could pay for itself. :/
    Yeah, Habbox hasn't been paying for itself in a long while. It's been Jin and Sirek who have been paying for the running costs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    does sierk pay this? he must be well into his 30s?
    He was back in 2016 so I assume he still is doing now. So it's Sierk and Jin who are paying for this.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

one day youll log on and get a 404 and that'll be the end of that.
    goodbye.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Yeah, Habbox hasn't been paying for itself in a long while. It's been Jin and Sirek who have been paying for the running costs.

- - - Updated - - -

He was back in 2016 so I assume he still is doing now. So it's Sierk and Jin who are paying for this.
    Wow - unless other things are on that server that they use. In which case, there's probably enough donator/vip to cover the domans each year. Then again, if I'd made a site similar to this, I'd probably keep it going to if it was still in use.

If it was failed I would have jumped ship.

bella ciao

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast