HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by today View Post
    Yeah, I don't recall you. You sure you know me lol...
    Yup definitely know your name and avatar! We might not have been friends but I definitely know of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Yup definitely know your name and avatar! We might not have been friends but I definitely know of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Idk if i should be proud or embarrassed with that statement...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    i feel that with so many catagories and subforums but so few users, the forum feels empty and slow. maybe merging / reorganising some of the less used subforums would help make the forum less daunting and vast for new members
    Yes! This! (praise) I said the same a while ago! The forum needs a good cleanup... time to let go of the past! (Or at least put it in an archive)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    I might be able to answer this for you.

Hosting - £90 a month (This may have changed but Habbox has a dedicated server)
    cPanel Licence - £10 a month if that.
    Domains - Depends how many years they get renewed for, but around £13 a year. So that's £39 a year for the 3x main domains if they only renew it for 1 year each every time.
    vBulletin - Was paid as a full licence when vBulletin 4 was released, no further payments are needed I believe.

Note: While the server costs seem expensive the server I believe is used more than just for Habbox purposes.

Donator/VIP sales have not been high for a while, unless that has magically changed since I have left but they haven't been covering costs to keep the sites running for a long time. With many people now blocking ads, I think the same can be said with the Google adverts as well.
    Thank you Matt for your insight.

That's very interesting!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No point in offering feedback if all those with power to make changes do is try to refute the points made! Most online forums lack activity when big posters leave and nobody recognises their contribution or tries to replace the activity, always been a big problem here in particular from my experience because the management expect the forum to populate itself lol

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

The only actual suggestion in this thread has been "pay people to post", all the discussion is quite valid other than that. Opinions are fine, and no-one's said otherwise, but uninformed ones don't do anyone any favours and negativity without suggestions for change definitely don't help.

People mentioned RV - that's newly returned and quite an exciting prospect going forward!
    People mentioned prizes - we have the highest of any fansite, as most give 2c a game unless they have something special happening
    People mentioned help desk - this is almost always populated when events aren't on (British time, I fully acknowledge that our int presence isn't what it could be)

It really is down to the very simple fact that people don't WANT to use forums, and when they do it's mainly to drop in and go rather than have an actual discussion. Instant messaging has almost entirely taken over for general chitchat, so the forum realistically is left to just take on those things that might need to be accessed over a period of time rather than there and then
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Joe, lawrawrrr, velvet Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

I could be 100% aboard the plan of burning all the current default social media and use discussion forums as the primary communication source among webfriends

Like velvet Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    The only actual suggestion in this thread has been "pay people to post", all the discussion is quite valid other than that. Opinions are fine, and no-one's said otherwise, but uninformed ones don't do anyone any favours and negativity without suggestions for change definitely don't help.

People mentioned RV - that's newly returned and quite an exciting prospect going forward!
    People mentioned prizes - we have the highest of any fansite, as most give 2c a game unless they have something special happening
    People mentioned help desk - this is almost always populated when events aren't on (British time, I fully acknowledge that our int presence isn't what it could be)

It really is down to the very simple fact that people don't WANT to use forums, and when they do it's mainly to drop in and go rather than have an actual discussion. Instant messaging has almost entirely taken over for general chitchat, so the forum realistically is left to just take on those things that might need to be accessed over a period of time rather than there and then
    Don’t forget mine and velvet’s suggestion of clearing down on the amount of catergories and sub forums to condense posts making the forum seem more active :-)

I’ve also suggested in the managers chat that the process for new joiners is looked at. New joiners seem very confused about how to use the forum, so some sort of tutorial or quick quide to point out the basics on posting/navigating. Looking at recent new joiners, it seems majority (who join as members, not staff) don’t even manage a first post, or make one post and that’s it.

I love Habbox and feel very passionate about increasing activity... I’m constantly promoting the forum on twitter etc. Sure, activity is on the downlow but we can still do our best to promote it :-)

Wooooooo go Habbox :p(praise)
    Last edited by YellowBelli; 29-04-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by YellowBelli View Post

I’ve also suggested in the managers chat that the process for new joiners is looked at. New joiners seem very confused about how to use the forum, so some sort of tutorial or quick quide to point out the basics on posting/navigating. Looking at recent new joiners, it seems majority (who join as members, not staff) don’t even manage a first post, or make one post and that’s it.
    yeah, i can imagine for the average habbo user who hasn't grown up with forums, that hxf could be seen as pretty daunting and confusing

maybe doing something with the arcade could be nice? i've been playing it a fair bit recently but i seem to be the only one. tournaments and stuff used to be a right laugh back in the day

j
    ~

Like Joe Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    maybe doing something with the arcade could be nice? i've been playing it a fair bit recently but i seem to be the only one. tournaments and stuff used to be a right laugh back in the day
    110% - i've been busy recently if i'm honest but both me and @lawrawrrr; have discussed this and wanna add more and more

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast