HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Which would be more appealing to you?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • A single large prize

4 28.57%
  • Multiple split prizes

10 71.43%
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Default YOUR OPINION: Prize Structures

Hey noobies and nooblemen, Uncle Jesus here with a question for you all *+*+*+

When it comes to prizes (for competitions, "raffle"-type giveaways, retweet to wins, etc) which would YOU prefer to see:

- One single larger prize with smaller chance of winning
    - Multiple smaller prizes with greater chance of winning

For example, let's say 100 people enter something with a randomised result. Would you be more likely to enter if there would be 1 winner getting 50c (1/100 chance), or 5 winners getting 10c (1/20 chance)? There are no wrong answers, it's all about your preference
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Joe Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Lanyon

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Hey noobies and nooblemen, Uncle Jesus here with a question for you all *+*+*+

When it comes to prizes (for competitions, "raffle"-type giveaways, retweet to wins, etc) which would YOU prefer to see:

- One single larger prize with smaller chance of winning
    - Multiple smaller prizes with greater chance of winning

For example, let's say 100 people enter something with a randomised result. Would you be more likely to enter if there would be 1 winner getting 50c (1/100 chance), or 5 winners getting 10c (1/20 chance)? There are no wrong answers, it's all about your preference
    It depends on the game, if there’s an entry fee, how good am i at this game or is it just a game about luck, how many attempts do I get at this game in one session?

I’d like to make a guess that most people would find it more enjoyable where more people win. So the more winners the better, even if the prize pool is split between more people. Other people may prefer to be a bit more competitive. I therefore think that people who like a bit of gamesmanship would more likely prefer the ‘1 winner’ idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Add me on Discord Philip Vels#0001

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I think it's fine to have a bit of both and have no preference really. There will be people who enjoy taking part in competitions for a larger prize but with a smaller chance of winning, but at the same time there will be people who shy away from those competitions because they can't be bothered if they don't think they have a good chance of winning. Similarly, it's nice sometimes to get peoples attention by doing competitions in which there are lots of winners as they are more likely to take part and more likely to stick around and come back for more. I think the key is just making sure there's something for everyone.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I quite like the idea of having multiple winners, it might get more entries. I've discussed it with Sophie she seems to like the idea but I'll tag @Sian; as she'll be the one who can make the final decision.

Thanks for the suggestion Mr Jesus!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

if you had a big city in Simcity, would you inserts tons of elementary schools in a single street or spread them out to different spots of the city to reach the highest possible quantity of inhabitants?

I had a strong argument in mind while typing the text above but hey, multiple mini prizes is the key, but some occasional BIG prizes would make those who crave for it it happy too, obviously

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    if you had a big city in Simcity, would you inserts tons of elementary schools in a single street or spread them out to different spots of the city to reach the highest possible quantity of inhabitants?
    I personally would probably put 20 in a small block and then force earthquakes and fires but I don't think that would be a good way to deal with prizegiving
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sianness

Latest Awards:

In my mind it depends on the event, if it's a big long running event or comp then a big prize is justified, but generally little prizes and often would encourage people to continue entering to build that prize stash up. Then you could also bring in some sort of highest score like tally, the highest number of wins a month could get you something extra, or after entering/winning a certain number of competitions and events you get something extra.

It's probably not very well worded right now, but hopefully you get what I mean.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think the more prizes the better In my eyes it would attract more players and would be more enjoyable, i believe in alot of games people feel failed with the fact they try so hard at certain games and wind up second, third or fourth best with no prize and it takes out the novelty of playing i think. Definitely more prizes for more people!

A is offline Merry Christmas
    and all the best for 2021...
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Bunnies!

Latest Awards:

I think the more prizes that you offer, the more likely people are to take part. If it's just one prize people will think they have a "less chance of winning" and not bother at all. Think more prizes that are on offer more people would take part and thus make it worthwhile to run the event in the first place.

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

A mixture could be good. You could have a few small ones with a few winners of 5c and then bigger ones with one big prize. Maybe the smaller ones will bring people in to stick around for the bigger prizes, if you win once then you're going to wanna try your luck again at winning something bigger.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog