HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default WYOO Gender X ?! Non defined genders

What’s your opinion on putting a childs gender as X on a birth certificate? It’s in place in some US states and tbh it makes my head hurt! Parent’s can now choose to ignore their child is male or female and declare them as neutral gender “X” because they believe labelling a child male or female creates limitations to their life decisions.

I think the worlds gone mad. What’s your opinion?
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Then what will happen? Will the children be able to choose their gender at some point of their lives, more or less as we do in the beginning of an RPG game?

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

What's even more crazy is some of these trans and gender lunatics now are claiming it's discrimination if you don't sleep with them, ie a straight male refusing to sleep with another male who pretends to be a woman. That's now discrimination, apparently.

And has anyone ever noticed the massive hole in their warped logic? It's claimed gender is a social construction yada yada you've heard it all but then they'll tell you that Terry is changing to Tammy because he has 'always known' he was a woman. How can he always have known if gender is purely a social construction? It's a load of absolute ****!

XX = Female/Woman
    XY = Male/Man

End of story.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 26-03-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I don't see the problem with it. Stereotyping based on gender annoys the hell out of me, why do girls have one selection of stuff and boys have another? We should let people be who they want to be and stop telling children that they can't have, play with, wear & whatever else something because it's for another gender. If I ever have kids, I'd probably do something similar and raise them more neutral, allow them to enjoy whatever they want and decide for themselves, I'm not going to put restrictions on them simply because society seems to think that's the normal thing to do.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    Omg ahahaha love it!

It’s just bonkers isnt it?! I’ll be teaching my children to be proud of who they are. The next generation is going to be seriously confused if all this hoo-ha keeps up!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

It doesn't make any sense on medical records. Sure, call yourself what you like (although realistically, if you believe that any/all genders can do anything they like then why would it make a difference?) but one of the most important tenets of the legitmate equality movement - ie: not those who just scream lots on tumblr - is that gender and sex are different things. On medical records it's vitaly important to have your biological sex noted, and not at all important to have your chosen labels. In an emergency a doctor will want to know your blood type, but your favourite pizza topping will be of absolutely no consequence
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like YellowBelli Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I am so absolutely non transphobic but I think this is ridiculous. All power to individuals making a choice to change their gender identity records when they're old enough to make an informed consent but this is mostly about medical records at birth surely which is... one or the other...

babies don't have any concept of gender identity so how can they make a decision to be against the assigned-at-birth norm when they have no concept of them.

raise children to do what they want though and not limit them by their gender stereotypes

Like YellowBelli Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    JamesSparky

Latest Awards:

This is somewhat extreme. I support the gender-neutral movements, however, medically you are born biologically either male or female there's no neutrality in this, you either have XX or XY you cannot change that genetic. Sexuality wise, you can identify however you wish and this is absolutely acceptable.

Similar to @lawrawrrr; has mentioned, a baby will not even start to comprehend the idea of gender for another 5 or 6 years, and aforementioned, I do then support that if when the said person grows up and identifies as neutral, gay, straight, lesbian etc, then there should not be grounds for discrimination the should be free to identify and express themselves as they wish.

Similarly to what @FlyingJesus; has mentioned it is medically vital that a DR would need to identify your blood type, or even your sex to determine potential causes to your illness, or how to best your cause of treatment.

The major misconception in today's society is the difference between gender and sexuality; the lines between these too often become blurred or are misunderstood. Although this is a good idea, practically this isn't going to take off I would presume.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Another view I don't understand is ditching Boys and Girls departments in clothing stores. I believe John Lewis is the UK announced they were getting rid of the division, I'm not sure if that went ahead and I cba to google it at the moment. Surely we would still need a male and female section though? I mean, I want to wear a dress and I highly doubt any of you guys will be visiting John Lewis this weekend to try on dresses..

And just FYI, I have no problem with any male that wants to wear a dress! I just cant imagine it becoming common practice...!!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I've been known to wear a dress or two in my time, but having male and female sections still makes sense because the body shapes are radically different and so is the sizing
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast