HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Britons opposed to involvement in Syria, finds YouGov

This comes off the back of allegations that the Assad government has used chemical weapons. Now, I don't know about you but I don't actually see the huge horror over chemical weapons. At the end of the day, why is it so much more worse to be gassed than it is to be blown apart into bits or to be sprayed with shrapnel and die of horrific injuries buried in concrete? As thousands of Syrians have already done. Yet if 60 die due to chemicals that's an outrage.

In any case, Syria is not and has never been within the British sphere of interest - the only three great powers to have interests there are France as former colonial power, Russia and the United States. If Syria disintegrated into two, three or twelve statelets tomorrow it really wouldn't affect British interests in the slightest. Not our problem so stay out of it.

And then there's what is best for Syria itself. I don't see how bombing the regime - who aren't insane jihadists like the rebels and every other group bar the Kurds - in any way improves things for Syria. If anything, a quick victory for the regime over the Islamists would be the best outcome. Those who want to go into Syria need to be asked, what do they propose we replace the Assad regime with?

Thoughts? Are you for or against British involvement in the Syrian Civil War?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

I'm not so clued up on this, but would this have similar effects to the ones used in WW1/2 where it destroyed their bodies from the inside and they started gurgling and/or choking on their own blood from their lungs?

I don't agree with going out and using a bomb instead in any means, but if I had the choice of being blown up into pieces and a quicker death, I'd go for that over the suffering that some of the soldiers went through. I can understand why chemical warfare is a breaking point.

I can't understand why we ever get involved in anything any idiot like Trump implicates, however.
    Last edited by Hannah; 13-04-2018 at 07:25 AM.

bella ciao

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

The issue with chemical warfare is that it's often designed to maim and torture the targets rather than outright kill them, which breaks Geneva Convention. What I don't get about this entire situation is why no-one - not even the Russians who are supporting them - has sat down with Assad and his cabinet to try working out just what the hell is going on. I don't like him and I don't approve of his methods at all, but he is technically the "rightful" leader of the country and as you say there's no sunshine and rainbows option to replace him.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Britain, America and France launch airstrikes on Syria overnight

SHAME on our government, the US President and France! Using our military power to attack the Assad regime which is the ONLY non-Jihadist option fighting in Syria. An absolute disgrace. PM May didn't even have guts to go before Parliament and President Trump is playing out of the Bush and Obama handbook and ignoring constitutional rules on this that the Congress has the power to declare war, not the President.

Not one of them can answer the question as to WHO replaces Assad?

Tokens
    Habbo
    ajs406

Latest Awards:

Why would Assad use chemical weapons on his own people when he has basically won the war, its makes no logical sense. Risking the wrath of the west to achieve what exactly?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

nothing will come good from getting involved in syria any more than we already are.
    goodbye.