HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: DuoLingo

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default DuoLingo

anyone else use DuoLingo for learning a language?

some people rate it and others don't but i have found it to be the best tool for learning a language. it sort of learns as you learn too so it isn't just the same thing over and over again. You earn a 'streak' if you do so much a day and so far i'm on my 67th day streak so pretty pleased. all about repetition seeing as that's how i learnt english as a kid and now have to do the same with spanish.

how about you? used it or used any similar app?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I use it to learn Korean. I'm on my 222nd day streak since I picked it up pretty much as soon as they added the language. I have found it very helpful, but there are many ways in which it could be expanded. I wish it was updated, since I find I'm repeating lessons a lot and know them solely through repetition, and am not developing any new knowledge. There are many more ways in which the language could be employed or used, and I wish there were lessons that involved forming sentences yourself using hangul. There is more a focus on reading and speaking over writing. Nonetheless, it is an invaluable source and I would really recommend it, although it's best used with other learning methods to really make any significant progress.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 25-04-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Ekelektra is offline Content Design Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Erin)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ekelektra

Latest Awards:

I use it for German. I didn't start learning German with it though I started using it to retain the German I learned in school. It works well for that but I'm not sure that you could completely become fluent just by using Duolingo because you're not creating sentences by yourself like in a conversation.

I'm not a fan of the new crown system though. I liked how things would lose strength and you had to keep them up, now there's really no motivation to practice something you don't like beyond level 1.

Check out our fabulous wiki!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Still didn't use it but Habbox is my alternative and efficient DuoLingo when it comes to ---- UK English

Tokens

Latest Awards:

my friend used it to learn dutch fairly successfully, but he did have plenty of native speakers to question and practice with. i've never used it myself but may have to give it a go in my free time.

j
    ~

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

i use it for german and irish. i actually use duolingo and memrise. i think they're both effective and although i've not yet completed the german "tree" on duolingo, i'm able to create sentences and speak in it (not fluently obv). but judging from how i learned english, the best way to learn a language is to surround yourself with that language. so watch tv shows/films, read books/magazines/websites, etc in that language.

i do that with german and i think it's really beneficial.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sonny.nixon

Latest Awards:

I have heard that its very good but I haven't used it. Maybe I should and start learning a different language.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I prefer Memrise. I haven't used it in a while though. I wanted to learn a bit of Spanish.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

i lost my 72 day streak!!!!!!!! that night was doing TEFL and then forgot all about it

i actually wasn't as gutted as i thought as i was doing something productive when i lost too so no loss