HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dislike Button!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    nop rep is the way forward I want my bars back
    Yeah personally and from a nostalgic point of view I agree with you! But likes are so much easier to explain and use for new members especially. Gets a lot more use than rep did!

I think we have some way of doing like counters or at least show the top liked threads or posts, maybe we can look into it for the stats threads @Joe;?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Joe Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

It will definitely be more used, there's no limit on it having counters would invalidate the entire argument that was given for changing it though, since it was claimed the competitive aspect of rep was bad
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    It will definitely be more used, there's no limit on it having counters would invalidate the entire argument that was given for changing it though, since it was claimed the competitive aspect of rep was bad
    There were quite a few people with higher rep powers who wouldn’t give any or use reallly sparingly cos their high power would be a lot to a new member! Personally my biggest argument for it was always the universality and discrepancy between new/older members.

I wouldn’t personally put lifetime rep counters on the profile etc but monthly likes in the monthly stats thread maybe?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

reps gone forever.
    Like lawrawrrr Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    reps gone forever.
    say it again for the people in the back

In all seriousness I feel so bad being like this and being a firm no it’s lit the only things I’ll be firm about

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Well aware it's gone and not coming back, just saying there's no point changing to a non-counting system and then showing counts anyway - that's single point rep with a different name, which was an option that got turned down
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Well aware it's gone and not coming back, just saying there's no point changing to a non-counting system and then showing counts anyway - that's single point rep with a different name, which was an option that got turned down
    would you disagree with even like monthly stats? “Most liked post of the month” “most liked user” etc? As a way to encourage people to post to get those prizes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I wouldn't directly oppose it because I don't have a problem with displays of online popularity, but it does rather fly in the face of the entire reason we were given for the original change (apart from "other sites have likes!"), especially on an unlimited system
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Obviously I wasn’t the one who made the decision but the difference between rep as it was and likes is that the rep counters were on the profile bit on every post as an ever-growing number and new users would always be intimidated or not bother with it. I wouldn’t particularly want to go back to that with lifetime stats but month or weekly seems like a nice way to encourage without also discouraging?

I was a proponent of the universality of likes though and that is the main reason I oppose going back to rep!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Showing the stats monthly then resetting it no problem, giving prizes for something so easily manipulated (your likes are only limited by number of people on the forum x number of posts) seems like asking for cliques and exclusions
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Blance Liked

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast