HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Omg lol i did not say that hahaha

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I would agree with what Hannah said really. I've been struggling with similar over the last few years and I've found that just keeping busy is the only thing that keeps your mind off it! I think it's healthy for everyone to learn how to be alone or at least not be completely dependent on other people because you never know what's going to happen.

For me I've obviously thrown myself into work and Habbox which works for me but other people play games etc

If you're really social you could also find some subreddits or discord channels around certain interests to meet new people

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I would agree with what Hannah said really. I've been struggling with similar over the last few years and I've found that just keeping busy is the only thing that keeps your mind off it! I think it's healthy for everyone to learn how to be alone or at least not be completely dependent on other people because you never know what's going to happen.

For me I've obviously thrown myself into work and Habbox which works for me but other people play games etc

If you're really social you could also find some subreddits or discord channels around certain interests to meet new people
    For some damn reason, practicing it all (the "being happy by myself thing") it a bit complicated, specially when we stop to think that I spend a good deal of the months (since August?) keeping in touch with them, almost in a daily basis and I was technically programmed to feel bad or guilty whenever I'd think that our hangin' wasn't that nice or the other person is acting a bit... laconic. I carried the weigh of the highs and lows and now the idea of spending a week cutting the communication for the sake of sanity/productivity sounds like digging a hole somewhere inside, heh

BUT I'MMA MAKE IT

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    For some damn reason, practicing it all (the "being happy by myself thing") it a bit complicated, specially when we stop to think that I spend a good deal of the months (since August?) keeping in touch with them, almost in a daily basis and I was technically programmed to feel bad or guilty whenever I'd think that our hangin' wasn't that nice or the other person is acting a bit... laconic. I carried the weigh of the highs and lows and now the idea of spending a week cutting the communication for the sake of sanity/productivity sounds like digging a hole somewhere inside, heh

BUT I'MMA MAKE IT
    YOU CAN DO IT! We believe in you. Though you didn't need to cut it completely, unless that's helping you. Just more time to yourself.

bella ciao

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    YOU CAN DO IT! We believe in you. Though you didn't need to cut it completely, unless that's helping you. Just more time to yourself.
    It is slowly, progressive working and the medicines were: getting some The Powerpuff Girls episodes (??), getting some new games and taking the first steps art-wise; I mean, it's been 2 months since I made a piece of art for the community and myself and this is not a normal thing, ha.

Thanks

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

OMG!

The same shit I've been going through. I started to have best friends during college and I can't seem to find any day being good unless it involves them. And whenever I'm doing something alone, I would feel depressed and sad in a lot of way.

The previous comments doesn't seems to be helping though

I wish that we could figure this out in the future. I've once thought about disconnecting with them but my best friend says (he might be biased) that I shouldn't and he said that I've always done everything a bit too far. Which I think might be true.

But yeah, I'm leaving college in a month and not gonna meet them easily anymore. I just need to prepare for the future. For a fresh new start, maybe not getting close friends??? Not sure. I don't think I can do that though since I'm a very happy go lucky guy who'd love to talk with everyone.

My next idea of solution is by having them balanced. I think we should invest some 'me time'. Maybe just set a date, to do whatever you love like reading for an hour and not be bothered by any request of your friend (if they ask to hangout etc even though it might be much more fun instead of sitting on the couch with a book). It's not about having a better activity than spending time with your friends (because I doubt many things triumph over hanging out with friends) but it's about making sure you always prioritize 'me time' more. So the rule to this is to never bend the 'me time' to accustom your friends.

Other than that, maybe a little solo travelling might do the job? I think people do say that travelling is all about learning yourself. Not going with anyone, will make sure you have a good time to make it all about you!

Good luck!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    OMG!

But yeah, I'm leaving college in a month and not gonna meet them easily anymore. I just need to prepare for the future. For a fresh new start, maybe not getting close friends??? Not sure. I don't think I can do that though since I'm a very happy go lucky guy who'd love to talk with everyone.

My next idea of solution is by having them balanced. I think we should invest some 'me time'. Maybe just set a date, to do whatever you love like reading for an hour and not be bothered by any request of your friend (if they ask to hangout etc even though it might be much more fun instead of sitting on the couch with a book). It's not about having a better activity than spending time with your friends (because I doubt many things triumph over hanging out with friends) but it's about making sure you always prioritize 'me time' more. So the rule to this is to never bend the 'me time' to accustom your friends.

Other than that, maybe a little solo travelling might do the job? I think people do say that travelling is all about learning yourself. Not going with anyone, will make sure you have a good time to make it all about you!

Good luck!
    ...even if, with "travelling", we're just meaning "playing videogames" or reading a book XD mainly because I got no money for a solo trek so far, man!, but that's an awesome and WORKING idea, indeed

the 'me time' might be quite handy here, friend. As I started to develop my "friend networks" and a real connection was being established between me and them, I never thought things'd be so serious to the point I'd slightly lose pleasure or enthusiasm for the stuffs that were as habitual as breathing to me, drawing included lol. BUT IT'S CHANGING. I got weirdly dependent of a person in particular in January, to the point that crying, out loud, because of their absence was a recurring event, every morning after midnight, whilst asking myself WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH ME???? hahaha Putting all my ideas about myself into a completely unknown person... Something in me is different Froggy, and I'm more than satisfied to say that all these shits are helping me to deal with the emotional thing little by little every single day and the "evolving" is pretty much noticeable, specially when I look at chat histories from the beginning of the year... how I behaved like a very loon teenager, prioritizing shitty people because deep inside I really thought "no one would treat me so well like they do!" HA HA

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

I know, didn't they just make us feel a whole lot better most of the times?

Unfortunately, there's gonna be a time when you needed them the most, they won't appear and be there. And you gonna get broken so much. And that's near fatal, dude. That's why I think, we need to have somewhat a boundary, or a determined mindset that in the end, we are all alone. Life is sad. I know. But that's reality.

Regardless, I wish you all the best on not to be too dependent on people, bro

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    Unfortunately, there's gonna be a time when you needed them the most, they won't appear and be there.
    In these situations, who's the wronger one, in your opinion - the person who "lacks the affective responsibility and only contacts their friends when they need a helping hand OR the person from the other end, the dedicated one, which is always there for their buddies even though they know the reciprocal is, most of the times, untrue?

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    In these situations, who's the wronger one, in your opinion - the person who "lacks the affective responsibility and only contacts their friends when they need a helping hand OR the person from the other end, the dedicated one, which is always there for their buddies even though they know the reciprocal is, most of the times, untrue?

There's an obvious wrong and right from that statement. And yes, we all know that. I've spent an enormous time of my life thinking and dwelling upon this fact.

Until one day I noticed, that the bigger question is, why am I putting myself in a position that I know will hurt me.

Anyway, I never did stop until now. I wish can place myself somewhere else and care about no one else. I still wish that. Fml.

I guess, I need to start learning to love myself more. The problem is, I can't see how

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast