HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Zealoux

Latest Awards:

I actually kind of agree with @-:Undertaker:-; here.
    If someone doesn’t wish to provide a service they don’t have to. Granted, the fuss kicked up could have been mellowed by all parties, but you should have the right to refusal based on personal preference. It’ll upset people, but why would the purchasing party want a cake made by homophobes? Get move onto the next place and give them your money instead.
    As a gay person actually getting married, I’m always weary and make sure it’s known when enquiring about wedding related things that it will be a same sex marriage. I’ve only had one thing come back and say they weren’t willing to help, and that was for religious reasons. I’m not bitter, they were pleasant enough to explain their case, and I moved on. Discrimination happens for a variety of reasons, and we are never going to combat it in this century, so pick your battles is what I think. It’s not worth it when neither party is happy at the end of it all.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I’m so glad it went in the bakers favour in the end. They shouldn’t be forced to bake a cake, and their business/life shouldn’t of been intruded because a couple threw their toys out the pram. If I went into a bakery and asked for a lesbian themed wedding cake and the baker told me it was against his religious beliefs but he’d happily sell me any other cakes then I’d simply respect his lifestyle choice and shop elsewhere for my needs. Now, if the baker refused to serve someone at all and kicked them out the shop because of age, sex, sexual orientation or whatever then thats a whole different ball game! My favourite quote in the media was “You can’t force a painter to paint something they do not want to paint”

IMO ofc.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    @FlyingJesus;

You only think that because you see nothing wrong with gay marriage. A Christian opposed to gay marriage sees it as an abomination given marriage is very important to Christians. For a evangelical Christian to make a gay marriage cake, it is equivalent to you having to make a Nazi gay in terms of views and not being forced to contribute to something you see as evil or wrong.
    If a terrorist buys a Colin the Caterpillar cake for a birthday party it doesn't magically become a terrorist cake
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

To add to this. They didn't refuse to bake the cake, they refused to attend the wedding and serve the cake...

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    If a terrorist buys a Colin the Caterpillar cake for a birthday party it doesn't magically become a terrorist cake
    omg a giant colin the caterpillar would be the best cake for a wedding

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

You can get ones in Asda that supposedly feed up to 40
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like lawrawrrr Liked

Tokens
    Habbo