HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Gay "wedding" cake case reversed by US Supreme Court

Excellent news. Well done the court and well done the baker.

Happy Pride Month!

Like MONEYMAGIC Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Just out of interest, not baiting, but if someone refused to bake a cake for a disabled person/Bar Miztvah/Holy Communion/other specific group, would you be as supportive? @-:Undertaker:-;

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

He'll say yes, but when service was denied to him here he didn't half whinge
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Tbh, I also have a dilemma upon this.

Whether to force someone doing something they don't wanna do to make sure no discrimination being done or to just allow people freely provide service as it fits their interest.

I mean, if they hate so much making the gay couple cake, if I were the couple, I wouldn't order from the baker at all. For all I know, the baker might have put spit/*** or whatever in that cake (sick)

But then again, if we allow service being done as they see fits, the couple might have a harder time getting a cake (just in case most of the bakers in their areas are homophobes) meaning, we're allowing discrimination.

Anyway, why in the hell bakers being homophobes? They are one of the most 'fabulous' career in the world
    Like lawrawrrr, LUCPIX Liked

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Just out of interest, not baiting, but if someone refused to bake a cake for a disabled person/Bar Miztvah/Holy Communion/other specific group, would you be as supportive? @-:Undertaker:-;
    sure.

if a religious fundamentalist went to a gay bakery and asked them to bake an anti-homosexuality/gay mariage cake, would you say that bakery should have to bake that cake?

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    sure.

if a religious fundamentalist went to a gay bakery and asked them to bake an anti-homosexuality/gay mariage cake, would you say that bakery should have to bake that cake?
    Good point bro, good point.

Now I'm leaning towards your opinion XD

If certain shop have certain identity with certain principle, isn't it a bit rational not to fool around with that?

Respect each other. That's the key.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

just seen this

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    sure.

As long as you’re supportive of all discrimination that’s a fair point of view at least! I don’t like the people I’ve seen who say they shouldn’t have been forced to make it, but then say if a Jewish baker refused to make, say, a holy communion cake that would be wrong!

I’m really in two minds. While I think discrimination is awful and a serious problem I do also think that individuals (NOT corporations but small business owners) maybe should have the right to refuse service on any grounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like TinyFroggy Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

A cake to be used at a gay wedding =/= a cake displaying a message, especially one of hatred

I definitely support the right of businesses to work with whoever they please, but the comparison between a wedding cake that just happens to be used by two men and a Nazi cake or something for a hate rally is daft. Unless they were wanting "EVERYONE SHOULD BE GAY" written on the cake then it's just a cake like any other, and the guy's an idiot for refusing business
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@FlyingJesus;

You only think that because you see nothing wrong with gay marriage. A Christian opposed to gay marriage sees it as an abomination given marriage is very important to Christians. For a evangelical Christian to make a gay marriage cake, it is equivalent to you having to make a Nazi gay in terms of views and not being forced to contribute to something you see as evil or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr
    As long as you’re supportive of all discrimination that’s a fair point of view at least! I don’t like the people I’ve seen who say they shouldn’t have been forced to make it, but then say if a Jewish baker refused to make, say, a holy communion cake that would be wrong!
    Well personally i'm not supportive of the discrimination, to be perfectly honest if I was running a bakery I would probably take on all cake orders including a Nazi cake, a gay marriage cake or a pro-EU cake - more profit for me to then donate to a pro-Israel, anti-gay marriage or anti-EU campaign fund.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast