HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Default Deciding when to stop

Last week I got up for work and started my daily routine. In the shower I decided that I didn't want to do weight training anymore. I only went once a week but I had been doing it for almost eight years. It was a revelation for me as, for the first time, it felt like I didn't need to do it. I decided that I would do one last bench press and that was it. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but it was for me.

Can anyone relate to this? It can be anything - quitting a club, a hobby?

Video in the spoiler if anyone is interested.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

you've been going to the gym for 8 years????? jeez what are you going to do now

but kinda I guess, like I can get sick of certain aspects of my life and want to change them (like playing PC games for example)

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

mmm making a change can be hard cos although routine is good for you it can also get you stuck from moving on. i'v been in a what was supposed to be temporary comfy job for 2.5 years now and only in past like 2 months i moved my ass to make a change and get out. like i don't want to leave on one hand but i have to if you get me in order to progress. but progressing can be scary

are you replacing the weight training with anything. should do esp if its keeping you fit

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

You don't necessarily need changes to be better. If you think the weight lifting is somewhat a good part of your life, why omit? Add up.

This is something that people always get it wrong, change does not always means better.

However, if you feel your life is better when you stop doing the weight lift, well, no one knows better about you than yourself and no one can judge or say anything about it. Do what is best for you and go with it

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

not in a gym sense but I've definitely stopped doing certain things because it's just pointless to carry them on and not worth it.

biggest noticeable one for me is wearing less/no makeup when I'm not going to work or out with people. I'd usually literally not leave my ROOM without makeup on but it was just such a waste of time and money. It takes a while to like, not be concerned about the way you look but I think you just like, get used to not giving a **** about it. do you yhink you're gonna be self conscious about possible muscle loss as a result of not training? @Zak;?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    you've been going to the gym for 8 years????? jeez what are you going to do now

but kinda I guess, like I can get sick of certain aspects of my life and want to change them (like playing PC games for example)
    I will still go to the gym but I will focus on cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    mmm making a change can be hard cos although routine is good for you it can also get you stuck from moving on. i'v been in a what was supposed to be temporary comfy job for 2.5 years now and only in past like 2 months i moved my ass to make a change and get out. like i don't want to leave on one hand but i have to if you get me in order to progress. but progressing can be scary

are you replacing the weight training with anything. should do esp if its keeping you fit
    Yes, I will still go to the gym but I will focus on cardio. Although I did miss it this week because of the amazing Spain vs Portugal match.

I was in a similar position in my job role. I moved employers and it's great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    You don't necessarily need changes to be better. If you think the weight lifting is somewhat a good part of your life, why omit? Add up.

This is something that people always get it wrong, change does not always means better.

However, if you feel your life is better when you stop doing the weight lift, well, no one knows better about you than yourself and no one can judge or say anything about it. Do what is best for you and go with it
    I think years of bad technique didn't help. I have quite a few back problems that someone my age should not have. I'd also like to drop some weight, I'm not fat but I'm probably 14s 7lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    not in a gym sense but I've definitely stopped doing certain things because it's just pointless to carry them on and not worth it.

biggest noticeable one for me is wearing less/no makeup when I'm not going to work or out with people. I'd usually literally not leave my ROOM without makeup on but it was just such a waste of time and money. It takes a while to like, not be concerned about the way you look but I think you just like, get used to not giving a **** about it. do you yhink you're gonna be self conscious about possible muscle loss as a result of not training? @Zak;?
    Lifting weights certainly isn't worth it lol

You have a lot of natural beauty Laura, that's what counts. If you look good without makeup why wear it? My partner very rarely wears makeup and when she does it's only a small amount. I certainly prefer it that way. You'd be surprised how many men prefer that.

I will be self-conscious Laura. I've been bigger than normal for quite a while now and it will be a big change. Although I'm hoping not to lose everything as I will still work my muscles when I switch my focus to cardio.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post

Lifting weights certainly isn't worth it lol

You have a lot of natural beauty Laura, that's what counts. If you look good without makeup why wear it? My partner very rarely wears makeup and when she does it's only a small amount. I certainly prefer it that way. You'd be surprised how many men prefer that.

I will be self-conscious Laura. I've been bigger than normal for quite a while now and it will be a big change. Although I'm hoping not to lose everything as I will still work my muscles when I switch my focus to cardio.
    I don’t feel like I do look good without makeup though. I certainly don’t wear it to impress men or because it’s what they want!! I wear it because I like the way I look in it and it makes me more confident. But just cba putting in that effort when I don’t NEED to portray myself as super confident or stuff yknow?

Oooh so you’ll still be training just different kinds! I’ve never really understood lifting weights personally, yeah I guess muscle definition might be nice but it seems so like.. well short term if you get what I mean? Just my own view of it anyway haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

I've been going though a phase of not wanting to swim any more lately. I've been swimming competitively for 11 years now thats pretty much half of my life so for the last 11 years ive spent 8 hours of a week swim training spent my weekends at pools racing. but lately ive been finding training hard and getting bad times till i gave up and just sat out in a mood. Id been having problems with my back after i tried to dead lift 70kg. Always think well am never going to win any Olympic medals? never going to get anywhere with swimming so why bother? it were like i lost my love for the sport.

Now my back is fine and swim training is going well and ive found a nice routine of 3 weight sessions in the gym a week. Never go to keep fit or to improve my looks its all just to push myself after all we are on the road to the british nationals. you would never see me doing cardio in the gym tho i find that the most boring thing to do.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthOnToast View Post
    I've been going though a phase of not wanting to swim any more lately. I've been swimming competitively for 11 years now thats pretty much half of my life so for the last 11 years ive spent 8 hours of a week swim training spent my weekends at pools racing. but lately ive been finding training hard and getting bad times till i gave up and just sat out in a mood. Id been having problems with my back after i tried to dead lift 70kg. Always think well am never going to win any Olympic medals? never going to get anywhere with swimming so why bother? it were like i lost my love for the sport.

Now my back is fine and swim training is going well and ive found a nice routine of 3 weight sessions in the gym a week. Never go to keep fit or to improve my looks its all just to push myself after all we are on the road to the british nationals. you would never see me doing cardio in the gym tho i find that the most boring thing to do.
    My partner swam competitively for 8 years and she burned herself out. She had to accept that she wasn't going to be national/commonwealth/world/Olympic champion and change her motivation. She had to take a break to realise it though.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    Last week I got up for work and started my daily routine. In the shower I decided that I didn't want to do weight training anymore. I only went once a week but I had been doing it for almost eight years. It was a revelation for me as, for the first time, it felt like I didn't need to do it. I decided that I would do one last bench press and that was it. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but it was for me.

Can anyone relate to this? It can be anything - quitting a club, a hobby?

Video in the spoiler if anyone is interested.

You've been lifting for 7 years and hardly gained any muscle mass?
    Last edited by MightyMagician; 25-06-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast