HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Default What's your favourite Disney film? Pixar or OG

With Disney week upon us very soon (read the thread here if you're unaware of the happenings), what's your favourite Disney movie, if you like them at all??

I swear we've all had some Disney love in our lives even if it was just when you were a kid.

Personally my favourite movies are actually sort of recent rather than childhood faves. I'm a big fan of The Princess and the Frog. But my all-time favourite movie is Ratatouille as it just makes me so happy, I used to own rats so Remy's expressions and mannerisms just remind me of them. I also do have a love for The Aristocats but to be honest I love most Disney/Pixar movies.

What's yours?

Like Blance Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Aladdin is my all time favorite Disney film.

However I do have a love for finding nemo & Frozen has come up quite good aswell.
    Like Sloths Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm not really a fan of Disney, but my favourite animated film from them is probably Hercules or Wreck-It Ralph. I don't really consider Pixar movies Disney movies.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I'm not really a fan of Disney, but my favourite animated film from them is probably Hercules or Wreck-It Ralph. I don't really consider Pixar movies Disney movies.
    Makes sense - it is almost the same of saying Kingdom Hearts is a game by Nintendo because it was eventually released on GBA!? ha

My favorite short-lengthened movie obv gonna be Steamboat Willie (even though it is not my 'overall favorite')

...because, well, Disney always had a tendency of releasing cartoons that were a "first" on a certain kind of technology (for example, they were the first ones to produce a long-lengthened animated movie {Snow White}, the first cartoon in colors {Flowers and Trees}, etc etc) and Steamboat made a huge step forward in history for being the first one on which were produced sounds (instead of having a physical orchestra on stage, below) and some kind of voice acting (mainly the whistling Mickey, in the beginning, which you already know) and they have plotted it in the best way possible: with Mickey and Minnie "torturing" some poor animals in order to play Turkey in the Straw as if for using it like a celebrating anthem"WE HAVE SOUNDS NOW YAY"! Which gives it a greater value rather than just being a vague icon of the old funny design Mickey had at the time

When it comes to the "long" movies, Fantasia is hands down my favorite - it takes some time to digest it maybe but it kind of displays the love for animation they had. Shame it wasn't made in 16:9 but I think Fantasia 2000 was? Gosh, that's true, I still need to watch the 2000 one, thanks

Tokens
    Habbo
    ozad

Latest Awards:

Far too much choice... I enjoyed Tomorrowland.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Fair point, I guess if Pixar is counted as a Disney movie where does the divide end especially now Star Wars is now technically under the Disney umbrella!

Tokens
    Habbo
    blance.

Latest Awards:

I grew up in the Prime of the Disney franchise.
    Aladdin
    Lion King
    101 Dalmatians

but the movie that stand out the most to me is A Troll in Central Park (also known in the UK as Stanley's Magic Garden)
    from what i remember watching it years ago is, its dark, scary, and a totally 360 from anything the kids are subjected to now, although it is not Disney, is Warner Bros' it definently left an impression growing up.. anyone else have a green thumb?

Anyone else seen this? hahaha
    Last edited by Blance; 12-07-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sloths View Post
    Fair point, I guess if Pixar is counted as a Disney movie where does the divide end especially now Star Wars is now technically under the Disney umbrella!
    Yeah, in both cases Disney are not producers. Lucasfilm are still the production company behind Star Wars, and Pixar are still the production company behind their movies. Disney act as the distributor for these studios. Granted, Disney bought out Lucasfilm and Pixar, so you could argue they are Disney productions, but the actual Disney production companies — Walt Disney Animation Studios and/or Walt Disney Pictures — are not formally involved. Anything those Disney production companies are behind I would classify as a true Disney film, such as Pirates of the Caribbean or Frozen, but in all other cases it's a bit hazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blance View Post
    the movie that stand out the most to me is A Troll in Central Park (also known in the UK as Stanley's Magic Garden)
    from what i remember watching it years ago is, its dark, scary, and a totally 360 from anything the kids are subjected to now, although it is not Disney, is Warner Bros' it definently left an impression growing up.. anyone else have a green thumb?

Anyone else seen this? hahaha
    Oh, wow. I loved this film when I was young. I can't believe it's known as A Troll in Central Park! I'm in the UK, so it was always Stanley's Magic Garden to me. I haven't thought about that movie in years. It's a Bluth Group film though, not Disney. They also made The Land Before Time, which I remember fondly.
    Like Blance Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I love Tangled, Inside Out, Big Hero Six mainly.

Then the classics like The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and stuff.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    blance.

Latest Awards:

Yeah, in both cases Disney are not producers. Lucasfilm are still the production company behind Star Wars, and Pixar are still the production company behind their movies. Disney act as the distributor for these studios. Granted, Disney bought out Lucasfilm and Pixar, so you could argue they are Disney productions, but the actual Disney production companies — Walt Disney Animation Studios and/or Walt Disney Pictures — are not formally involved. Anything those Disney production companies are behind I would classify as a true Disney film, such as Pirates of the Caribbean or Frozen, but in all other cases it's a bit hazy.

Oh, wow. I loved this film when I was young. I can't believe it's known as A Troll in Central Park! I'm in the UK, so it was always Stanley's Magic Garden to me. I haven't thought about that movie in years. It's a Bluth Group film though, not Disney. They also made The Land Before Time, which I remember fondly.
    So Surreal isn't it! yeah to me growing up it was always called "Troll in Central Park" i had it on VHS and even though it scared the hell out of me when i was a kid, i watched it so many times the VHS stopped working. i still have it tho! Nostalgia! Yes even thought it is not "Disney" after doing some reasearch i found "....established in 1979 by animator Don Bluth. Bluth and several colleagues, all of whom were former Disney animators, left Disney on September 13, 1979 to form Don Bluth Productions, later known as the Bluth Group" so they used to work for Disney! Close Enough! ahah
    yes i remember "The Land Before Time" fondly too.. those were the symphonies of our youth right there.
    i suggest anyone that loves disney and hasn't seen "Stanley's Magic Garden" Aka "Troll In Central Park" do it! your head will spin with unbelievably
    glad to see im not crazy and imagining this movie! thanks @Neversoft;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast