HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Rafisqy

Default What anime make you cry?

Hello fellas! How are ya?

I want to ask you about anime, do you ever cry by anime? What anime is that? Tell me why you cry?
    Haha

mine: Anohana, Angel beats, etc.
    coz: the story is amazing lol

you?
    WRECK it RALPH!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Most recently, A Silent Voice. It's about a boy who bullies a deaf girl quite seriously. As he matures, his past actions really get to him, and he decides to try and make it up to her. I didn't expect it to affect me that much since I had already read the manga, but it was adapted really well and it never quite became overly sentimental like the manga. I can't even remember why it made me cry now, but it's just such a tender story. The characters are exceptional — a lot of drama in anime can come across as manufactured, but I found A Silent Voice very organic and affecting.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 18-07-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    blance.

Latest Awards:

Pokemon..
    Man i Miss Butterfree...

lol i don't watch Anime if you couldn't tell 8D

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rafisqy

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Most recently, A Silent Voice. ...
    Sounds interesting, I'll try to watch it.
    Thank you ^^
    WRECK it RALPH!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphfarel View Post
    Sounds interesting, I'll try to watch it.
    Thank you ^^
    It's up there with Your Name. They're both brilliant — I'd recommend them to anyone. Notably, they're both anime films that have gone rather mainstream outside of Japan (especially Your Name, which is now one of the most successful anime productions of all time). It's great to see people talking about these movies and opening up to mediums they aren't typically familiar with.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

i see so much good stuff about your name and see it "everywhere" but never got around to watching it
    maybe i should

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Blance View Post
    Pokemon..
    Man i Miss Butterfree...

lol i don't watch Anime if you couldn't tell 8D
    This is literally one of my saddest ever tv moments.

Along with the movie where mewtwo turns ash into stone.
    Like Blance Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    i see so much good stuff about your name and see it "everywhere" but never got around to watching it
    maybe i should
    Your Name is brilliant. It's from Makoto Shinkai who is known for his visually alluring anime films which weave dashes of sci-fi and fantasy into portrayed reality, but I've always been a little critical of him because his plots are never quite as notable as the art, but I think he finally struck a perfect balance with Your Name. He takes familiar tropes, but does a complete 180° with them. It gets a little melodramatic at the end as most anime tends to, but all in all it's a tremendous production. It's the highest grossing anime of all time, beating Spirited Away by almost $100 million. Wish I had seen it in the cinema when it was over here.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

damn that was a nice film
    i get what you mean about the plot, it felt a bit ass pully in one particular scene but aside from that was it was pretty neat

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oh, is this Your Name you're talking about? Glad you enjoyed it! I love how it kind of lulls you into one direction, only to then reveal something completely left field. It's certainly Shinkai's best film. I like that he tends to leave his endings fairly ambiguous, too. His work is really visually beautiful, but his stories are actually quite bittersweet and gloomy. 5 Centimeters per Second is another Shinkai film worth watching. It still looks brand new despite being a decade old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast