HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Running

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Started running in January because it's been something I've wanted to do for ages. Dunno how to explain it really but often when I'm walking round the park I often got the urge to run so finally decided to take it up properly. Did couch to 5k which was good but I didn't rly start enjoying it til week 3 or so because I think I might've been slightly fitter than the target customer (never something I thought I'd say but hey there we go). Didn't complete it in the 9 or whatever weeks you're supposed to because life got in the way but I got there.

I stopped doing it when the weather got hot because **** that but I'll definitely get back into it once it cools down again. I like being able to shove my headphones in and not have to stop and talk to anyone because no one interrupts a runner. It's great. Would never bother with real races or marathons or anything though, I really just do it to unwind.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    Started running in January because it's been something I've wanted to do for ages. Dunno how to explain it really but often when I'm walking round the park I often got the urge to run so finally decided to take it up properly. Did couch to 5k which was good but I didn't rly start enjoying it til week 3 or so because I think I might've been slightly fitter than the target customer (never something I thought I'd say but hey there we go). Didn't complete it in the 9 or whatever weeks you're supposed to because life got in the way but I got there.

I stopped doing it when the weather got hot because **** that but I'll definitely get back into it once it cools down again. I like being able to shove my headphones in and not have to stop and talk to anyone because no one interrupts a runner. It's great. Would never bother with real races or marathons or anything though, I really just do it to unwind.
    I was going to do couch to 5k, done 2 runs with someone but then decided to just go for 5k in the gym (extremely boring running in the gym, trust me :|), but yeah the first week was just a joke but I suppose it is aimed at people who haven't ran and probably have extremely low fitness levels, where I was going into it at a decent fitness level.

I've only ever done 5k twice though as I refuse to run more than 10-15 minutes in the gym because it's just so damn boring (and running in a place with 100 other sweaty ****s isn't great), I'm doing a 'real' 5k charity run though so will see how that goes I'm not interested that much in the straight running races though, i'm more interested in obstacle races and I have a 15k OCR coming up so that'll be interesting...

Tough mudder next year anyone

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    I was going to do couch to 5k, done 2 runs with someone but then decided to just go for 5k in the gym (extremely boring running in the gym, trust me :|), but yeah the first week was just a joke but I suppose it is aimed at people who haven't ran and probably have extremely low fitness levels, where I was going into it at a decent fitness level.

I've only ever done 5k twice though as I refuse to run more than 10-15 minutes in the gym because it's just so damn boring (and running in a place with 100 other sweaty ****s isn't great), I'm doing a 'real' 5k charity run though so will see how that goes I'm not interested that much in the straight running races though, i'm more interested in obstacle races and I have a 15k OCR coming up so that'll be interesting...

Tough mudder next year anyone
    Yeah I guess it is literally COUCH to 5k which wasn't either of our starting points sounds like. Wasn't it like 60s running / 90s walking / 60s running etc..? Might've been the other way round but even so... Swear I only just got started running each time and I was having to walk for a minute again.

Hahaha yes I hate the gym atmosphere, went once earlier this year with a friend and just felt sooo self conscious and it was so boring ugh. Much prefer exercising outside.

Lol @Gina; and @Cerys; did tough mudder last year with very little training didn't they? Sounded hilarious to me, if anyone could've done it like that it would be them tho. Had two friends do it this year and they were almost dead the next day.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Yeah I guess it is literally COUCH to 5k which wasn't either of our starting points sounds like. Wasn't it like 60s running / 90s walking / 60s running etc..? Might've been the other way round but even so... Swear I only just got started running each time and I was having to walk for a minute again.

Hahaha yes I hate the gym atmosphere, went once earlier this year with a friend and just felt sooo self conscious and it was so boring ugh. Much prefer exercising outside.

Lol @Gina; and @Cerys; did tough mudder last year with very little training didn't they? Sounded hilarious to me, if anyone could've done it like that it would be them tho. Had two friends do it this year and they were almost dead the next day.
    Yeah it was 60 sec run 90 sec walk repeated like 7 times with 5 min walk at start and end yeah I kept missing the switch lmao

I don't mind the gym but just running on a treadmill is just so boring as you're just watching it count down from 5K :/

Yeah they did, I think events like that get people at both ends of the spectrum, like people who are proper into OCR's and train for them and people who just think this'll be fun and sign up with no prep it's not so bad though as you don't actually run that long as there's like 30 obstacles in 10K and ones like tough mudder are stupidly popular so a lot of the time you're waiting to do the obstacles.
    Like Empired Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

What kind of distance do you run? do HIIT or long distance running that'll exhaust you
    Always done it outdoors in the most basic and informal way possible, without carrying a phone or anything that could calculate the runned distance, heh.

Personally, I think I could walk forever without getting tired as I've been always going to places preferably via walking rather than riding buses or bikes. At first I thought that this experience would help me to feel a bit more resistant whilst running but turns out I does not lol

did just check google maps though and it seems like my personal record is 2K when actually thought that was less than 800m! Damn, that's good to know \o/ maybe I should go further next time. There's always a "psychological" issue, which tells me to stop whenever I reach a "limit point" because I always feel like I'm not going to do well but I know it's 100% about the mindset because I still didn't feel quite tired yet, and stuff

wohoo 2K
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 21-07-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    Always done it outdoors in the most basic and informal way possible, without carrying a phone or anything that could calculate the runned distance, heh.

Personally, I think I could walk forever without getting tired as I've been always going to places preferably via walking rather than riding buses or bikes. At first I thought that this experience would help me to feel a bit more resistant whilst running but turns out I does not lol

did just check google maps though and it seems like my personal record is 2K when actually thought that was less than 800m! Damn, that's good to know \o/ maybe I should go further next time. There's always a "psychological" issue, which tells me to stop whenever I reach a "limit point" because I always feel like I'm not going to do well but I know it's 100% about the mindset because I still didn't feel quite tired yet, and stuff

wohoo 2K
    yeah definitely, I done 1.5k twice this year and about 1k in I was like OKAY I CAN'T DO THIS but I know I can it's just your mind, your legs aren't going to just collapse after 1k.. so kept going and it was finee... I then done 5k in the gym but I had music as a distraction but it's off putting seeing the 5k drop down, which is why outdoor running is better I think, and ofc outdoors you get a nice breeze.

I'm running another 5k tomorrow with a few people so will see how it goes, first one I've done outdoors though

I love it though, like 8 months ago I wouldn't have been able to keep up with niece and nephew where as now I sit with them for literally hours running around the park

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Tell us how that run goes @scottish; you're an inspiration to us all

as i sit here eating terrys chocolate orange trying to work out how i can drive instead of cycle to a barbecue this afternoon

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

I love it though, like 8 months ago I wouldn't have been able to keep up with niece and nephew where as now I sit with them for literally hours running around the park
    Yeah, I believe that a similar thing is happening to me right now. Scarcely was an ACTIVE person until the end of 2015 when I got a little bit angry with the folks at home and decided to "run away" aka walk a little by myself on a 5K pathway nearby, specially made for shared biking, walking and all that jazz, which seemed way too XTREME at the time. Moral of the story: I slept better that night, somehow felt the blood rushing differently, with the head thinking better and the ears red and warm (?) hahha

It def makes a difference. I always was a skinny idle person until then so the biggest change's happened inside

And working out in a gym might be really boring AF, considering that, on a hand, you travel LONG distances but the panorama doesn't change at all but, on the other hand, doesn't take too long to go there and pee
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 22-07-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Tell us how that run goes @scottish; you're an inspiration to us all

as i sit here eating terrys chocolate orange trying to work out how i can drive instead of cycle to a barbecue this afternoon
    lmao, it was good yeah.. I didn't do it at a fast pace as a few of the girls I done it with were relatively new to running so it was at their pace.

I don't think the health benefits were really in my favour though as we had a Subway and went to spoons after it...

definitely going to be doing a lot more races though

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

lmao, it was good yeah.. I didn't do it at a fast pace as a few of the girls I done it with were relatively new to running so it was at their pace.

I don't think the health benefits were really in my favour though as we had a Subway and went to spoons after it...

definitely going to be doing a lot more races though
    Nah it's fine bc it all just cancels out, right? Maybe they weren't in your favour but they weren't detrimental to your health either thanks to the run. I reckon you're fine

Congrats though seriously!! God look at all us HxFers, nearly on page 3 of a thread about RUNNING and the majority of people saying "oh i prefer to be outside". Who'd have thought we'd become these people?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast