HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Default a question: have you been to therapy or counseling?

my best friend's marriage is on the rocks, more like, on the edge of the cliff. one of her cousins mentioned couples therapy. anyone here tried it? is it really helpful?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No, never. I don't really talk about my problems with anyone. I kind of just clam up and deal with everything alone, which isn't good. Last New Year, my mum, my half-brother and I ended up getting pretty drunk and the conversation spiralled into some heavy stuff. Even in my uninhibited state, it made me anxious to talk about such things, and they're family. I don't know how much a therapist would be able to help me. That said, in your friend's case, I think it would be worth it to try. I've read about people who have rekindled their marriage after counselling.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

I've already found myself on these kind of tight, painful situations that made me stop everything I was doing at the moment and to think "these stuffs would be such a piece of cake to handle if I were on a psychologist" but it never became a reality, for many reasons!

The most important reason maybe is because I always end up assuming I can solve my struggles at those moments when no one's around, and that's what usually happens, even if it's just for a short period of time.

As a matter of fact I am, 100% of the times, my own comprehensive and understanding lap, best friend and therapist

When I got a struggle, the pain comes in the shape of thoughts, so writing it down, even if those words don't make ANY sense at all, I immediately manage to put my feet on the ground. Meditating and reading (they are not too different if you think well) are done in those emergency phases... like now! Call it a rebirth

Like SeptemberNum Liked

I love them both and I don't want them to separate. I know that they still have that love for each other but he made that mistake - the usual mistake that men make. Sigh. I'm not saying it's all his fault, and I just can't take sides even if she is my best friend. I read this article talking about surviving infidelity

I quote:

Spouses in a healthy relationship can solve an enormous number of problems. That's the beauty of marital closeness and cooperation. However, if your relationship is broken, you need someone outside the marriage that you can both trust to help you find your way back to each other. You need someone who can be impartial and who understands how relationships work.

They are broken, but I think it's not beyond repair. I will be seeing my bestfriend later today and will tell her about this. Lucpix, you're right. It will be a rebirth, if she will give this one more try.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    .:TaylorSwift:

Latest Awards:

I've done Counseling before. I really think it's the person who is helping you that is most important. I didn't feel connected with my counselor so I left, but I did have useful tips on how to handle situations.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

yeah i have to attend counseling as a part of work requirements, the woman i go to really does a good job for the time she has and we end up talking about a range of things, not just work which is really what shes paid to do. thinking of getting more appointments with her tho D:

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

When I was 12. I think. Because I hate my brother and I told the teacher I wanna kill him. He's a bully. Though I didnt really wanna kill him. Like, figuratively. After that, whenever I need a counselling, I just talks to my friends. That's why I try to find friends who listens and dont talk a lot. Lol. But I wish I have a therapist. Just cant afford it. Sad lyfe.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    When I was 12. I think. Because I hate my brother and I told the teacher I wanna kill him. He's a bully. Though I didnt really wanna kill him. Like, figuratively. After that, whenever I need a counselling, I just talks to my friends. That's why I try to find friends who listens and dont talk a lot. Lol. But I wish I have a therapist. Just cant afford it. Sad lyfe.
    Aw, perhaps online counseling will seem more affordable.

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Online therapy seems to fake. Like it doesnt help me at all. I tried calling suicide line etc, but since they are volunteers, it gets more depressing waiting them to pick up the phone. Lol, in the end, I just turned to God. And thankfully, everything is fine now

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    Cadigyna

Latest Awards:

definitely not helpful I did one free session and tbh its pathetic I realised im better at taking my own counselling advice and all as I have impressive skills of being able to solve everyone's longterm and short term issues in the matter of a short time and for free. Usually I help with everything with everyone on habbo and its all confidential for all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast