HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Default New Skype - thoughts???

So many people here use Skype... who's updated to the new version? I did about a week ago but as they've extended support for the old one now (see below) I've decided to downgrade to classic again.

I quite like the user interface of the new one, and I do like the ability to turn it black!! - tagging people is useful (well except when @cameron446:; tags you in "all" in 400 chats at once haha) and I like the sorting of recent chats/favourites...

but it's SO annoying not being able to send files or contacts properly to people, it displays online statuses all completely wrong and my BIGGEST ANNOYANCE: THERE'S NO POPUP NOTIFICATIONS

I genuinely can't cope with that RN so I have given up until after HxSS where I'll give it another go. Hopefully they can fix some things in the mean time so there's a better new version awaiting!!

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by From TechCrunch:
    Skype Classic is not being killed off… well, not just yet. In July, Microsoft announced Skype 8.0 was launching on the desktop, and that it would be shutting down version 7.0 (aka Skype Classic) as a result. The older version would no longer function after September 1, 2018, it had said. However, the company has now decided to hold off on Skype 7.0’s shutdown for the time being, following significant user backlash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft statement:
    ******UPDATE******

Based on customer feedback, we are extending support for Skype 7 (Skype classic) for some time. Our customers can continue to use Skype classic until then.

Thanks for all your comments – we are listening. We are working to bring all the features you’ve asked for into Skype 8.

Watch this space.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I use Skype like once a year to speak to @dbgtz; so I never even noticed tbh, doesn't look that different just got rid of the lovely blue

WhatsApp is just so much easier tbh

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

pretty much what scott said except a couple of more people so cant quite get rid yet
    i do miss when everything seemed to be skype, now its like bit of skype, discord, whatsapp, fb messenger, snapchat and such
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Think it's shit basically. Ugly, clunky, slow (every single message has to "load" before it sends), lacking any useful customisation, has that STUPID react thing so every message looks like it ends with a smiley face even if you're talking about something horrible and sad... Basically downgrading is the best thing to do, and then just hope they scrap the update completely
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Hey I wanna downgrade it too, but does one lose their chat history after doing so?? We do receive popup notifications here though it's Windows 8 fashioned

After using it for about half a year it's more than clear that that is not one of those sudden big app changes we're going to get used to after a while. It is the equivalent of iTunes 12 in the social media medium :-P A failed attempt of fitting on the current ideas of what a cool app looks like/behaves, whatever

Some things are still a bit confusing as sometimes it just seems like the contacts are randomly placed when they are not on the Favorites list and one needs to look for them

Message searching tool is NICE --- on the other hand, it only works properly if the message you're looking for is not very old as it can't dig deeper

Eats more RAM than it should so it's impossible to run it with Discord ++ Spotify ++ Chrome ++ Game without causing the laptop to burn

The React thing only was something of interest when it was only possible to watch the people with the update installed doing it ahaha

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I downgraded after James spent an hour trying to send me a friend request and me not being able to accept. New version is trash!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    pretty much what scott said except a couple of more people so cant quite get rid yet
    i do miss when everything seemed to be skype, now its like bit of skype, discord, whatsapp, fb messenger, snapchat and such
    yeah I speak to those I'm interested in on whatsapp mostly, a few people like you kelly gina empired on snapchat and literally only you on skype..

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

oh my god I just opened skype for the first time in over a year and I don't understand it?? Instantly closed in fear.

I use facebook messenger for most people and whatsapp for family members, plus snapchat for secondary conversations with people I'm also talking to on messenger normally lol.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    yeah I speak to those I'm interested in on whatsapp mostly, a few people like you kelly gina empired on snapchat and literally only you on skype..
    i guess ill take that as a sort of compliment then

i now unfortunately have new skype thanks to the ssd move and it is eh at least they didnt push the app which really does suck
    Last edited by dbgtz; 11-08-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I haven't downloaded it, I usually try stay away from Skype updates because they usually make it incredibly slow for a bit! I'll brave it eventually I guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast