HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

Goldcoins Competition: Whatever Bloats Your Float - Ends 19th Sep

We all have these common phrases that we say, either unwittingly or just as a force of habit, to get a message across. Quite a common one being "Whatever floats your boat", which basically means "whatever works best for you". Its almost a way of giving in to an argument. However, our very own Jazzy likes to take these sorts of phrases and change them slightly to bring us all a good laugh. Her most common one she says is the example above, but she changes it to "whatever bloats your float" which sounds silly, but at the end of the day, you're still floating so I guess it still makes sense.

For this competition, I would like you to come up with an unusual phrase, or just alter a more known one slightly, so it still makes sense in that situation, but sounds silly. The silliest will win.

Prize: 10c
    Last edited by YellowBelli; 12-09-2018 at 06:19 AM.
    Like Cadigyna Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This competition is now open!
    Like Cadigyna Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    ,jamiexo

Latest Awards:

I know something that is very common in my area is people using the word "piss" as an adjective for phrases. For example, the phrase "piss poor" means that someone is very poor. This is just one of the many examples of the ways it is used lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I always laugh at the phrase 'cool as a cucumber' like it came from a poem in the 1700s but the modern take on the word 'cool' makes it seem strange....
    Lidya xox

Tokens
    Habbo
    Cadigyna

Latest Awards:

I always find the phrase 'There is no cow on the ice' super odd but it apparently it means there is no reason to panic.

but to me it just makes me cough a laugh a little like if I was drinking water and someone said it id probably mini laugh or choke on the drink cause its very unusual. (but that might be just me idk)

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

The one I use most is omf instead of omg because being Jesus, it makes sense to say oh my father *+*+*+
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like James Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    The one I use most is omf instead of omg because being Jesus, it makes sense to say oh my father *+*+*+
    YOU GOT THIS FROM ME i say omf all the time cos I keep mistyping omg but i've made it oh my f-word

I always like catching people out by saying "let's make sure we've dotted the 'ts and crossed the i's before we send this out", people never notice

Tokens
    Habbo
    Lill-MeeDK

Latest Awards:

in danish we have a proverb similar to "worry about that bridge when you cross it", but we say "that time that sorrow" and when people say it i always end it with "or happiness" because why does it always have to be bad??
    All the love. K.