HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Default Booking seats on flights

Hi,

Has anyone done it before where you are booking your seats on a flight, and you tactically choose an aisle seat and a window seat, in the hope that if the flight isn't fully booked that noone chooses to sit in the middle seat?

That's what we've just done on our flight with Ryanair. I'm wondering if it's actually worked with anyone before as I'm sure I have seen this trick on the TV which is what prompted me to do it...

Is it clever or do people think you're a **** for doing that?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Since you have to pay to choose your seat on Ryanair, this probably isn't a very valid tactic. Solo passengers or anybody who either doesn't want to pay or doesn't care where they sit could be randomly be allocated a seat in the middle, but I guess it's worth a try. I was on a Ryanair flight a few weeks ago, and was given a window seat on the way out (which I ended up giving away by accident) and a middle seat on the way back. If you're flying with somebody else, wouldn't it make more sense to pick the window and middle seat in case an undesirable is sandwiched between you?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

I've seen people try it who have failed miserably and ended up with someone who didn't book their seats sat in the middle. Whenever I've flown, we've always had the window and middle seat.

What're you gonna do if the flight becomes fully booked?

bella ciao

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

It depends where your flight is. If you're going somewhere mainstream, like Barcelona/Benidorm/Amsterdam/Berlin/etc then the flight is likely to be fully booked so the plan won't work. If you're going on the other hand to Hanoi/Moscow/Bombay and out of season, then it may.

I just tend to pick (for free) the emergency aisle seats as then I get more leg room.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I book an aisle seat on long flights. I don't like waking people to get up and go to the loo. I think deep down it relates to a time I was ill on a plane and had to keep going to the toilet.

Tokens
    Habbo
    James

Latest Awards:

I've never booked tickets on a flight, awk. I've only ever flown once and that was when I was 10. No intentions of travelling again

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

I never did that fearing someone being in between me and my friend and if that person doesn't want to change before the take off, well, that's gonna s*ck.

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Took the risk, i mean all you do is ask to swap don’t you? Like you gotta be weird if you don’t wanna swap for an aisle
    or window seat from the middle in between 2 people that know each other. hopefully worth it and if not we’ll just keep talking to each other to annoy them lol

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by e5 View Post
    Took the risk, i mean all you do is ask to swap don’t you? Like you gotta be weird if you don’t wanna swap for an aisle
    or window seat from the middle in between 2 people that know each other. hopefully worth it and if not we’ll just keep talking to each other to annoy them lol
    Well, I just noticed this awesome tactic XD
    Like e5 Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    Well, I just noticed this awesome tactic XD
    I'll report my findings.

Best case: noone has booked the seat
    Good case: they swap with us
    Worst case: We've annoyed them on a 4 and a half hour flight