HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    .:TaylorSwift:

Latest Awards:

Default College Students Drama

So I was searching twitter to find what important news there was in this world. I quickly encountered this tweet by a college student asking for donations https://twitter.com/itscarogarcia/st...73349453668353

Now you may be wondering "Why is this important?" Well the issue I found when looking through the comments is that she went to a trip to the Bahamas and used a sob story.

So I decided to make this thread as a response to how I would have advised her based on other comments I find validation in.
    1) Before Applying to a University [Especially in the US] Look at that Net Cost. Now take a moment and think "hmm . . . will I be realistically be able to pay this off"
    2) If you decide you have other priorities like taking a vacation instead of paying for your college tuition, I personally don't believe asking for donations is your best option. Because others on the internet will just expose where that money is going which in consequence gets people angry.
    3) Work. I don't receive financial aid, but I did get scholarships which I'm saving for when I transfer into a 4 year university because that net cost is still high.
    -A job can go start before summer through the time you get your degree. [I personally would like to work but seeing that I can only work Odd Hours like Friday, Sat Afternoons, Sunday Employers don't seem to think I'm a right fit [aka every interview I've had are rejections]
    4) Do the Community College Route [I'm not sure what you guys in the UK call it] which is essentially $2k* a year versus $15k* a year in tuition
    *Numbers may vary by Location

I don't have a problem for people asking for help for their tuition/books if they really need it, but the issue I see is this girl was complaining she has a very low *below minimum wage* job and she doesn't want to get a job where she can paid what she deserves.

On a Positive NOTE: I just found a way to get "micro-scholarships" for my future classes. So if you guys need help paying for College/University try this method.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Fortunately we can get state loans to cover all of the tuition in most univerisites and a loan of some amount to cover living costs for up I think 4, possibly 5 in some circumstances years of full time higher education study.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

I know so many people who have not gone to university because of the costs. I was unfortunate enough to be what I think was the first year of the cap being set to 9k p/a (so all the universities decided 'I know, we charge like 4k but now we'll charge an extra 5k to hit the cap').

But I'm pretty sure, where needed there are a lot of systems which cover the cost, so long as you stay in the career for a certain length of time. i.e. teaching, nursing, doctors, etc.

I'm not too much in the know, because I gave up looking when I decided I wasn't going to put myself in 40k of debt with student loans.

bella ciao

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Student "debt" in the UK is meaningless, almost no-one ends up paying the entire thing off and it's not a debt that counts against you in anything. The whole thing is written off after a certain amount of time no matter how much you have or haven't paid off, and anyone who HAS paid it off is obviously doing rather well out of it so it's been a good deal for them

Also that twitter story is ridiculous, the girl is trying to defend herself by saying she shouldn't have to go without having 3 holidays a year just because she wants to go to school... Like yes dear, you do have to choose because money isn't unlimited for most of us. Typical entitled young'n thinking the world owes her because it's so harrrrrrrrrrrd
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Joe, buttons Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

We have a sayings in Malay, if literally translated "measure a cloth on your own body". That's all what I wanna say.