HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Default Have your say on new forums & subforums!

Hey everyone,

One of the things the Forum team is focusing on is making HabboxForum a much EASIER, simple place to post. One way we're working on that is to consolidate all the forums massively! We've come up with a plan (thanks to the mods, Sam and Scott for having their say so far!) but I wanted the wider community to have their say before we put anything into action.

Please note we're not getting rid of ANY old posts, just merging them into their new homes! We're trying to keep things as simple and easy as possible.

Anyway here's the spreadsheet of the old and new ones:

CURRENT PROPOSED PROPOSED PREFIXES
    Habbox Habbox
    - - Habbox Announcements -- Habbox Announcements (job changes, big events, site updates) [Dev]
    - - Job Openings -- Job openings
    - - - - Job Openings Archive - - - - Job Openings Archive
    - - Development Announcements
    - - Community Notice Board -- Community Notice Board (everything from events, hxl, comps)
    - - Competitions - - Competitions
    - - - - Competitions That Have Ended - - - - Competitions That Have Ended
    Help, Questions and Feedback
    - - Welcome To Habbox Forum / Goodbye - - Welcome To Habbox Forum / Goodbye
    - - Congratulations and Thank Yous! - - Congratulations and Thank Yous!
    - - Support - - Support and complaints (just a rename) [Support] [Complaint]
    - - - - Complaints about Habbox Staff
    - - Habbox Feedback - - Questions, ideas & feedback (merge questions forum into feedback) [Question] [Idea] [Feedback]
    - - - - Questions/Queries about Habbox Buy & Sell VIP, Donator and Icons (rename)
    - - Buy & Sell Habbox Donator/VIP
    Habbo Habbo
    - - Habbo News & Rumours - - Discussion [News] [Rumour] [Discussion]
    - - Cool Rooms
    - - - - Elite Rooms
    - - Habbo In General
    - - - - Bobba - Scams - and Bugs Errors and Glitches
    - - Trading - - Trading [Selling] [Buying] [Question]
    - - Anything about Trading and Furni
    - - Show off your Habbo skills! [Room] [Alteration]
    Graphics
    - - Habbo Alterations
    - - - - Elite Alterations
    - - - - - - Classic Elite Alterations
    - - Other Graphics, including Pictures & Photography
    - - Graphics Discussion, Help and Requests
    Games and Entertainment Games, Hobbies and Entertainment
    - - Music - - Music
    - - Console and Computer Gaming - - Gaming (combine ALL subforums) [Console] [PC] [Online]
    - - - - Call Of Duty
    - - - - Sony
    - - - - Microsoft
    - - - - Nintendo
    - - - - Minecraft
    - - Online Games
    - - - - World of Warcraft
    - - - - RuneScape
    - - - - - - Trading items
    - - - - - - Goals & Achievements Forum
    - - TV & Film - - TV & Film
    - - Forum Games
    - - - - OLD Forum Games
    - - Anime and other Entertainment
    Technology + The Web - - Technology (combine all technology + the web)
    - - Technology Discussion
    - - Designing & Development
    - - - - Website Staff
    - - - - Tutorials
    - - - - Resources & Tutorials
    - - Show Off Your Website Here - Including Habbo Fansites - - - Show off your website!
    - - Web Market
    - - - - Web Hosts
    - - Graphics and art [Photography] [Digital] [IRL]
    - - - Graphics help & requests
    General General
    - - Discuss Anything - - Chat about anything (rename from discuss anything)
    - - - - Assorted/Misc
    - - Sports - - Sport
    - - Education & Employment - - Education & work (simple rename)
    - - Health, Life and Relationships - - Life, love and looks [Health] [Life] [Relationships] [Fashion] [Hair]
    - - Fashion, Hair & Clothes
    - - Tourism, Holidays, Vehicles & Transport - - Travel & tourism (simple rename)
    - - Debates - - Debates
    - - - - Members debates - - - - Debates that have ended
    - - - - Debates that have ended
    - - Current Affairs - - News (rename from current affairs)
    - - Spam - - Spam (post count turned on, no tokens)
    Habbox V.I.P Forums
    - - VIP Features & Requests
    - - - - Request Your VIP Features

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Not really a fan of the idea of merging development announcements into habbox announcements, they're rather different in what they do and a habbox announcement could bury an important dev announcement as it is relatively more active.

I was going to say it seems a shame elite rooms seems to be going but then I just looked at it and it never seemed to be active so no real loss I guess though it looks like elite alts are also going, which does seem a shame. Even if it's no longer updated I feel it should stay as an archive. Which actually brings me onto something I might have suggested before which is just an archive subforum for old "iconic" threads which are lost to time, probably also locking them off from comments.

On the graphics proposal, I'm not happy alts are under "habbo skills" ;/! But I can understand the desire to split it up.

I feel like travel & tourism should be travel & transport instead if it is just meant to be a rename

ye aside from that not much to say

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Are dev announcements even used though? If it was needed then it can be force read.

Forums can be filtered to show the elite rooms, we shouldn't keep a forum just to show archived stuff imo, search the prefix.

Is there any reason job changes can't go into CNB? That way habbox announcements would have some meaning

Leave Habbox Feedback as Habbox Feedback (feedback implies ideas doesn't it)

Get rid of graphics help and requests and use prefixes too, no need for it.

Merge Spam with chat about anything imo, it's implied.

- - - Updated - - -

also move VIP features into feedback?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Is this the same as what you showed me if so then yeah do it
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Sounds good, especially important to tidy up the descriptions under each forum name too. There's some with 3 lines of text underneath which looks ridiculous and is just not needed. Simplicity please! Also, the more new names we can have for each forum the better - fresh and simple.

Glad this is being done.

I also agree with reverting back to simply Habbox Announcements like we used to have for all developments/news/job openings.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Looks good

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Not really a fan of the idea of merging development announcements into habbox announcements, they're rather different in what they do and a habbox announcement could bury an important dev announcement as it is relatively more active.

I was going to say it seems a shame elite rooms seems to be going but then I just looked at it and it never seemed to be active so no real loss I guess though it looks like elite alts are also going, which does seem a shame. Even if it's no longer updated I feel it should stay as an archive. Which actually brings me onto something I might have suggested before which is just an archive subforum for old "iconic" threads which are lost to time, probably also locking them off from comments.

On the graphics proposal, I'm not happy alts are under "habbo skills" ;/! But I can understand the desire to split it up.

I feel like travel & tourism should be travel & transport instead if it is just meant to be a rename

ye aside from that not much to say
    I like the idea of an iconic subforum

I was really torn about the alts thing, we talked about combining graphics and photography in one place but I'm not sure skills is the right title so if you have another suggestion!

Travel and transport is also definitely a better name.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Are dev announcements even used though? If it was needed then it can be force read.

Forums can be filtered to show the elite rooms, we shouldn't keep a forum just to show archived stuff imo, search the prefix.

Is there any reason job changes can't go into CNB? That way habbox announcements would have some meaning

Leave Habbox Feedback as Habbox Feedback (feedback implies ideas doesn't it)

Get rid of graphics help and requests and use prefixes too, no need for it.

Merge Spam with chat about anything imo, it's implied.

- - - Updated - - -

also move VIP features into feedback?
    Dev announcements are important just to be transparent about site updates but I definitely think they could be just prefxied within announcements together.

CNB is definitely meant to be for events, and is open to the public (announcements is just for logged in) - this is not necessarily the best format though I agree...

I've had feedback on the feedback forum that people don't really know where they can post ideas which is why the rename and prefixes! It's just making it easier for everyone (based on feedback!!)

For help and requests the reason it's specific forum is to be able to easily link people (we often get people where can I get an avatar) and explaining oh go to here click new thread then click that drop down and click prefix - just for ease!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

It's not hard to tell them how to use a prefix though, they're going to have to use them for other forums so don't keep the subforum purely for that purpose

I still think habbox feedback implies ideas, fact you just mentioned feedback about 18 times in that post shows that ;l

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Relooking over this, slightly confused will books (under anime and other entertainment) still be the same or is it merging with another forum?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Awh, it doesn't say here that anime was going. I got perm banned arguing for its implementation back in the day when management was corrupt. RIP. Not sure about the mix of upper and lower case in the titles, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast