HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Organ Donation

Tokens

Latest Awards:

After all the requirements being met, & with two matches between someone who has opted in and someone who has not, i’d want the one who has been on the waiting list longest to have the organ.

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

This is the contradiction point. Just because someone is on the list longest, doesn't necessarily mean he has all the right.

Just imagine why the list is even there on the first place? Because we have not enough supply of organs being donated. Why? Because of this selfish people who expect to be helped but not to contribute. And of course, even how bad a person is, we will still do our best to treat. Regardless.

But seeing an opportunity to create a larger supply of organs in the future by giving incentives to people who pledges as organ donators, why are we not leaning towards that? Supply issue will be decreasing with time and more people could be saved.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    This is the contradiction point. Just because someone is on the list longest, doesn't necessarily mean he has all the right.

Just imagine why the list is even there on the first place? Because we have not enough supply of organs being donated. Why? Because of this selfish people who expect to be helped but not to contribute. And of course, even how bad a person is, we will still do our best to treat. Regardless.

But seeing an opportunity to create a larger supply of organs in the future by giving incentives to people who pledges as organ donators, why are we not leaning towards that? Supply issue will be decreasing with time and more people could be saved.
    I don't think we should be using peoples organs as a rewards system. Making an opt out method would be a much better way of getting more people to be donations and i really don't think we should be calling them selfish, some people are happy to do it others not so much and we should respect that.

It's so hard to find an orange that will match that i don't think you will often be in the case that 2 people are in the same place. The organ will just go the first person on the priority list that is not based on who wants to donate or not.
    Last edited by RuthOnToast; 27-09-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

First of all, opting out is another discussion that we could consider. Yes, I do agree it could provide more organs in comparison and I don't deny that. But turning organ donation into rewards system could also contribute to the increase.

I am sorry if the word 'selfish' may offend them but from my standpoint, that is what I see. Why would they not be happy to donate organs (which mostly are harvested after their death) but are happy to receive one? We live in a society where give and take is all what it is.

Lastly, I just wanna make it clear. Not all cases the organ will be very hard to find matches. It's only the matter of urgency, blood type and size. It's mostly a matter of supply. It's very common to find two similar patients of similar urgency and compatibility (not necessarily the same medical condition) waiting for one organ. And in this case, I think those who are willing to give should be put ahead first.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

First of all, opting out is another discussion that we could consider. Yes, I do agree it could provide more organs in comparison and I don't deny that. But turning organ donation into rewards system could also contribute to the increase.

I am sorry if the word 'selfish' may offend them but from my standpoint, that is what I see. Why would they not be happy to donate organs (which mostly are harvested after their death) but are happy to receive one? We live in a society where give and take is all what it is.

Lastly, I just wanna make it clear. Not all cases the organ will be very hard to find matches. It's only the matter of urgency, blood type and size. It's mostly a matter of supply. It's very common to find two similar patients of similar urgency and compatibility (not necessarily the same medical condition) waiting for one organ. And in this case, I think those who are willing to give should be put ahead first.
    Still can't see how you can use peoples organs as a reward it seems morally wrong. Anyway it's not up to you if you want to donate your organs you can sign up to donate but it will be down to your family if to donate once you have passed.

They don't match the orange by the blood group im not a dr but i know they do test the tissue as well.

Tokens
    Habbo
    bobjim99

Latest Awards:

No.
    Retired Head DJ at 15

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I think it’s a hugely personal and difficult decision to give up a part of your body to a stranger.

I personally have signed up to all except corneas because I personally would rather help others (eyes are just... too personal imo) than burn everything away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

I don't get why it's a bad idea at all.

Fact is, not everyone in this world is willing to do kindness without hopes of return. By doing this, we are nudging this group of people too. For greater good.

Looking at a trend (at least the one I'm looking in Malaysia), when you donate your blood, you will gain certain special benefits by the government throughout your healthcare. And due to this fact, there are more and more people donating blood by years. This is a good trend. And believing that this trend should be implemented within the organ donations, I, strongly agree with the motion.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

I don't get why it's a bad idea at all.

Fact is, not everyone in this world is willing to do kindness without hopes of return. By doing this, we are nudging this group of people too. For greater good.

Looking at a trend (at least the one I'm looking in Malaysia), when you donate your blood, you will gain certain special benefits by the government throughout your healthcare. And due to this fact, there are more and more people donating blood by years. This is a good trend. And believing that this trend should be implemented within the organ donations, I, strongly agree with the motion.
    I donate blood every 4 months with no rewards? (mean if you count the custard creams as an reward then yes) i don't expect to be rewarded and we shouldn't be getting health care benefits for one i think it makes it unfair on those who can't medically donate blood

You are right these many people who don't want to be kind and expect to get everything but it turns of organ donation it's different. you could the kindest person around and still not like the idea of your organs going in another person. you seem think that it's a game sort of like sharing your toys as a kid. but its not a game these are our bodies and our organs but as i said before you don't pick if you donate your organs if its after your death.

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

What happens after your death, doesn't really concern much tbh. You can try your best to make sure all those organs will be donated and that's all you need to care about. Beyond that, it doesn't matter.

I do not in any slight way think that this is a game. And for that reason, I seek to put an alternative, for more people to donate organs because obviously we are lacking of them. And this is one of the way with benefits outweighing the harm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast