HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Organ Donation

Tokens
    Habbo
    Narnat,

Latest Awards:

Default Organ Donation

Should people who are on the waiting list for organ transplants be prioritised if they are on the Organ Donor register over someone who isn't?

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

In my humble opinion, it's a good idea to do so. It would be a great motivator to increase the number of the organ donors.

Since this is a debate, I'm gonna keep it that simple XD while waiting for counters. Lol.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I dont think so, i doubt there’s many occassions when all other factors would be equal (such as age, health & compatibility) I vaguely remember reading that people should automatically be on the donor register unless they opt out. I like that idea.

P.s I’m on the register!

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by YellowBelli View Post
    I dont think so, i doubt there’s many occassions when all other factors would be equal (such as age, health & compatibility) I vaguely remember reading that people should automatically be on the donor register unless they opt out. I like that idea.

P.s I’m on the register!
    Care to explain more Fel?

I agree with the idea of automatic registration but why is this idea unsuitable too? From what I can see, it's a positive reinforcement.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    Care to explain more Fel?

I agree with the idea of automatic registration but why is this idea unsuitable too? From what I can see, it's a positive reinforcement.
    Imo ..

Well I imagine many choose not to be a donor for various reasons.. religion could be one. I just feel it would be rather unfair to deny a life saving transplant to someone, because they didnt want to be a donor at the time. I mean, what if someone was in a coma and had just never had the chance to decide if the wanted to be a donor or not?

Tbh, it took me a while to decide to be a donor... the idea of someone cutting me up & taking all my organs before the coroner could present my body to family for whatever type of funeral I decide on.. well its a hard decision to make.

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

We are not denying a person's right for the organ. We are just favoring those who would've done the same thing. It makes sense.
    If you are a dying man, it's your turn for the organ, go for it. But if there's also another man who is dying but he is an organ donor, he should be favored instead of you. Life is about taking and giving.

And furthermore, why would someone be selective in their religion? I don't think that there is any particular religion has an opposite stance regarding this case, meaning they allow people to receive organs but not to donate? Well, that is quite a selfish value to be instilled.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

We are not denying a person's right for the organ. We are just favoring those who would've done the same thing. It makes sense.
    If you are a dying man, it's your turn for the organ, go for it. But if there's also another man who is dying but he is an organ donor, he should be favored instead of you. Life is about taking and giving.

And furthermore, why would someone be selective in their religion? I don't think that there is any particular religion has an opposite stance regarding this case, meaning they allow people to receive organs but not to donate? Well, that is quite a selfish value to be instilled.
    These so many other factors that goes into picking who gets priority of the donated organ that allowing someone to get it just because they were wouldn't even work. We shouldn't give priority to someone just because they would donate their organs to some people it could be a big dedication to donate.

And these religion that not only don't donate but wouldn't take the donation either. If im right i think it's jews that can't even accept a blood. It's not selfish to follow your religion.

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

First, if you read closely, you would notice the argument I made for the religion is against what Fel's said. Basically, if they aren't taking any donations, so we're not addressing them in this situation at all.

Second, why shouldn't we prioritize someone who's giving a huge dedication towards healthcare of a nation? It is not counter intuitive to justify that those who gives more, should earn more.

And being a part of healthcare system, I understand about the factors contributing towards how the organs harvested be made available to. But since this debate is about should we prioritize or not those who enlist themselves as organ donors, therefore we are talking about after all those necessary points are factored in.

Notice why I used the word 'necessary'? It's because of the example you gave regarding how it wouldn't even work, well, it is not the case we are trying to debate about. Because for you to be eligible to receive the donation, you have to be compatible with organ being donated. Those are the necessary requirements. It is not up for debate because it's a contraindication for us to match up unsuitable organ to the receiver.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

First, if you read closely, you would notice the argument I made for the religion is against what Fel's said. Basically, if they aren't taking any donations, so we're not addressing them in this situation at all.

Second, why shouldn't we prioritize someone who's giving a huge dedication towards healthcare of a nation? It is not counter intuitive to justify that those who gives more, should earn more.

And being a part of healthcare system, I understand about the factors contributing towards how the organs harvested be made available to. But since this debate is about should we prioritize or not those who enlist themselves as organ donors, therefore we are talking about after all those necessary points are factored in.

Notice why I used the word 'necessary'? It's because of the example you gave regarding how it wouldn't even work, well, it is not the case we are trying to debate about. Because for you to be eligible to receive the donation, you have to be compatible with organ being donated. Those are the necessary requirements. It is not up for debate because it's a contraindication for us to match up unsuitable organ to the receiver.
    Firstly, i only read your reply it were too much effort to read the rest

Second, in many cases giving people priority because of their contribution works but in the case of someones live i don't think it should be. Its your body and your organs not a tesco club card.

And finally there are many other factors regarding who gets the donation that just being compatible.

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthOnToast View Post
    Firstly, i only read your reply it were too much effort to read the rest

Second, in many cases giving people priority because of their contribution works but in the case of someones live i don't think it should be. Its your body and your organs not a tesco club card.

And finally there are many other factors regarding who gets the donation that just being compatible.
    I don't find anything wrong with giving priority over someone who benefits the healthcare more. Yes, it's not a tesco club card. But even if it is, you are not paying with money, you are paying way more; your pledge for organ donation. Something money can't compete with. Saying that, they have all the right and are deserving.

Do elaborate more on this 'other factors' you are talking about cause I still don't get you. This debate is whether we should or should not prioritize someone who donated organ to receive one over someone who doesn't. Like I said before, it is only make sense to assume that this debate take place in between two people who are both eligible for the organ donation. These other factors I assume, should already be cleared from the beginning because it doesn't make sense for us to give organs to someone who will not benefits from it. So in the end, if we have two very identical case, both are eligible for the organ donation, both aren't in a case of acute attack, both didn't took alcohol in the needed time, both benefits from the organs in a fair result and both with almost the same prognosis, to which would you give the organ to? The one on donor list or the one who is not on the donor list but has pledged to become an organ donor in the future? This is the case we're talking about in this debate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast