HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Dating Apps

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Dating Apps

So... before I moved to Spain, I pledged to myself I would make an effort with dating apps. Anyway, I literally went on for one day on Tinder and honestly it was the most boring and tedious things ever. I'd literally rather clean my flat, which I did.

Is anyone else like this? It's not that I am arrogant in that I can't be bothered with people, it's just like the whole thing seems very superficial, meaningless conversations. Like I enjoy small talk with people, but that's face to face. Typing on a phone and i'm like completely cba.

Is this a problem or what and anyone else have this/advice

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

"Dating applications" seem perfect when seen from the outside but, for reals, they hardly give us enough time to attempt a deeper dive ALL the relationships (even among acquaintances) need and put us on an vicious dance inside the massive list of available people we choose like we would choose a meal from the restaurant's menu (Gourmet!) and it's the sanctuary where the digital Don Juans build them harems, sending their thousands of daily "Hey sup'es" to poor people who think they're the only truly special ones! It's worthy of being afraid the fact we're potentially getting used to this, the constant attempt on only hanging and matching with those who are "beautiful" and have similar tastes. Down with Tinders, we can be more substantial than that
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 14-09-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

never used a dating app - in my teens everyone just met at clubs or through uni or friends so no-one really needed to go through the effort of meeting someone on an app then trying to court them or casual sex when they could just get drunk and pick someone up at a club. then I was in a relationship for 4.5 years when I was 20. when I was single I downloaded it bc I thought it was the done deal when you were single but I never even opened it. I think for me it's the whole looking for a relationship that puts me off - feels like the other person will just try anything so you're not really special and it's not authentic. nah I'm not really good at the "dating" scene, i'd prefer a more natural approach eg starting off as friends with no intentions on either side. whereas some of my friends never really met anyone to have a decent relationship - kinda hard in your early 20s when not many want to settle - so using these apps are normal to them and ive nothing against that.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

If you go out drinking then I suppose you can find people irl quite easily, I've used some apps this year as it's hard to find someone in that sense, most of my friends are settled in relationships so not really got much chance of finding someone through friendship circles.

Tinder is probably the worst to be fair, I was looking for something serious and long term and not a hookup and I feel tinder is more suited for short term/hookups rather than anything serious, so you tend to find all the bikini pictures and nothing written in the bio except the occasional list of emojis.. I swiped right to like 95% of profiles as they're all caked in makeup, bikini pics, no bios, etc. I spoke to a few people on it but only 2 of them actually progressed to getting my number etc and I'm still ghosting one of them lego_(a)
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shortages

Latest Awards:

I guess it all depends on your interest. I mean, even people I know as friends can bore the life out of me on text. Most of the time I don't want to text anyone.

Other people, I'll look forward to texts. It could just be that.

In regards to Tinder, I've met two people from Tinder and dated both people. One for two and a half years, we moved in together, got a dog together. The second for nine months, he was a real sweetheart but he just wasn't for me and wanted to move so quickly.

In most instances on Tinder, I kind of let everyone step up and speak first. I'd have a few lines of chat and decide based on that whether I wanted to carry on with them or not. Then I'd get fed up and stop talking to them haha.

Maybe you just need the right person.

bella ciao

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

They seem utterly terrifying and weird tbh, also I think it would prob kill me to not get any matches
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Never used Tinder but I met my partner on Plenty of Fish. I know what you mean though, there’s only so many times you can say Hi, how are you, what you been up to... etc .... yawnnnnn!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I think you have to go into it knowing what you want and be very clear with what you want so you don't end up leading people on. I've tried it but struggle with confidence, especially with relationships and it can be quite superficial at times so yeah... not super into it rn.

I have to say though you can definitely have good conversations and meaningful conversations with people you meet ANYWHERE online, it's just not super easy to always jump into that, you have to go through small talk and getting to know each other first, but isn't that normal in any friendship or relationship?

its just good if u want to **** someone aint it