HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Dunno what you lot are on about I am young and fresh
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like YellowBelli Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

sorry flyingjesus maybe your hearing aid isn't turned up enough, we're talking about FEELING OLD
    dunno what your answer was for
    Like YellowBelli Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I am literally such an old person I like classical music and jigsaw puzzles and I HATE loud music and going out and partying!! I also have painful joints, ankles and knees

When I'm talking to other people around my age they're usually always talking about how they go out drinking and have loads of friends they talk to and have generally really interesting lives (and therefore social media). And having partners, going on holiday etc. Sometimes I really feel like I'm missing out cos I do so much stuff to do with work (either proper job or Habbox) cos I care about my career and figure I've got the rest of my life for personal stuff but... idk is that true? I try not to think about it too much or it upsets me.

It's even silly things like buying the latest tech (laptops, iPhones, games) and designer clothes etc, again mentioning holidays here, a lot of people around my age seem to be doing that even though they earn less (speaking about some specific people I know here, not making a general point about HOW RICH I AM cos no) but I genuinely just have the mindset to save money and be "sensible" which leaves a lot of people calling me "boring". But then... I have a house so I need savings in case something goes wrong... it worries me
    @Empired; your night sounds a hell of a lot better than the night out that's like a great night in my books ;D

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I think you're also missing something when it comes to the internet, and that is that it has allowed people with more niche interests to communicate.
    That was one of my points? The internet has, in ways, brought society together and contributed toward a more globalised, transnational world.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    no grey strands and fingers crossed won't be happening any time soon?
    Not being easily stressed might help but in my case there's no turning back so the strands can just lose their colors, who cares?, they can be pretty sometimes, token of lifetime experiences etc heh

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Formative years obviously leave a very prominent impression, and people tend to find it easy to look back and think of it as simpler or more pleasant, simply because they can't look forward.
    And, most notably, because our heads generally can only build memories over strong emotional stimuli, so nothing from the past that were essentially "boring" will be kept inside; therefore, the past will ALWAYS look brighter and more interesting than it actually was!?

or if the concept of historical periods may take on a global significance one day.
    You mean having as a token of a decade something that might represent events and style of lives from all the world? Not hard to believe if we consider that, each day, it seems like habits and customs, which in the past are usually characteristic of a civilization, are progressively being fragmented so that in the end there is a true universalization of the way we communicate and we have access to information and the entire planet - not politically - becomes one

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I like classical music and jigsaw puzzles and I HATE loud music and going out and partying!!
    Right???? We from home have a massive pile of cut newspaper pages with sudokus and crosswords printed in it because, with some exceptions, there isn't something cooler than solving them.

And I kind understand the missing out/feeling left out in almost all groups (in both real life and online) because of a personally-chosen style of life and choice of tastes. I could say that 90% of the things I really enjoy doing/playing/listening to are things that other people from my circle either never heard about OR - as it happens more frequently - they used to love in a very specific time of their lives (specially childhood) and, nowadays, they don't show interest on these things, like, at all; which makes it hard to make a bond since without these things to talk about I can look like a very hollow dude, without having something to discuss about etc

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

That was one of my points? The internet has, in ways, brought society together and contributed toward a more globalised, transnational world.
    then I have misunderstood and I agree

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

extra nomination: me and @Jazzy; are literally having a conversation about the best looking tree right now

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It’s 9.34pm and I nearly just fell asleep with my phone in my hand, while thinking about stuff that makes me feel old.. !!

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

To be honest, I do young people stuff. Looking at my friends is the only thing that makes me feel old T.T

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    To be honest, I do young people stuff. Looking at my friends is the only thing that makes me feel old T.T
    If watching Looney tunes shorts from the 40s on Saturday mornings under the duvet is included on your young tasks, send me a private message ASAP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast