HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Default Feeling Old - the appreciation thread

Hey team,
    I've started feeling like a proper twentysomething grandma (phrase I picked up from buzzfeed so I'm obvs still somewhat down with the kids) and I'm absolutely loving it. Thought I'd start up a little thread where we can post our own stories about what we've done that makes us feel old and celebrate.

Confession time here's what I got:
    I bailed on a night out last night to sit at home in my pyjamas and watch last year's BBC Proms version of Oklahoma! that I've had on record since xmas while hemming some jeans. Also got super overexcited bc I drove to Sainsbury's after work to treat myself to a box of Milk Tray (which was on offer everyone get yourselves over to sainsburys quick quick honestly).

So anyway I was asleep by 23:30, woke up this morning to a ****tonne of snapchats from the night out I wasn't on and I lay in bed actually ecstatic at my lack of a hangover and my nicely hemmed and correct-length jeans.

What do you do that makes you feel old?
    Last edited by Empired; 22-09-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Yeah I feel old and young simultaneously - old but nowhere near an actual "adult" yet despite the fact I pay bills, have insurance and so on.. it's an eternal struggle of either feeling too boring or feeling too childish!

One thing for me lately is I have things on finance and my credit rating took a hit. I love seeing my payments come off and my credit rating grow.

Getting pissed at my neighbours slamming doors at 3am when they've come home drunk.. like that was never me lmao.

Doing all the housework at 9am on a Saturday like my mum used to because everything I have is brand new and paid by me so I want them to all be in good condition for a long time lmao

Buying matching lampshades and (super velvety soft) curtains.....

Telling my boyfriend off for staying up late and sleeping late.

**** I'm turning into my mum.

pigged 25/08/2019

Like Empired Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Habbox makes me feel old. I've been registered on here for literally thirteen years and I think I'm probably one of the oldest to still visit. I live near a college and I feel old when I see the students, because that time in my life seems so long ago. I feel old around Christmas and my Birthday, because they don't carry as much significance anymore. The thing is, I don't really look that old. Whenever I meet new people, they always think I'm around 19/20. Hopefully that means I still have a lot of perceived youth left, even though I'm actually getting on. Last night (or rather, this morning) I went to sleep at 8am and I got out of bed at 3pm. I work and have bills to pay, but I don't have a career as such. I don't feel like I necessarily act that old and I can't imagine myself ever celebrating being old.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    I've started feeling like a proper twentysomething grandma
    Yes lol and you are 20 just like me, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    Yeah I feel old and young simultaneously - old but nowhere near an actual "adult" yet despite the fact I pay bills, have insurance and so on.. it's an eternal struggle of either feeling too boring or feeling too childish!
    haahahahahahhhh! You've said everything. My pre-18yo me've had a half-broken and jokey tendency of imagining the achieving-adulthood moment as this inexplicably magical morphing where, almost as if binarily, one (mentally) does abandon almost all his previous philosophies and concepts of life from the former self and becomes officially an "adult", with an "adult"-specific mindset, a suddenly-gotten system of tastes, points of views and - obviously - responsibilities. Just like when the package says the food's due's in the following day then you automatically claim that, tomorrow, the food will compulsorily be rotten??

But, in the end, turns out this "click" hasn't happened in the slightest and, even whilst being something that the common knowledge would claim as adult, I still feel like a goldfish out of the bowl, a teenager working?, paying bills and answering "important" calls?, letting lovers go because that's the more mature thing to do although it would be better to stay with them?? Is there really a point on our lives we're finally assuming our adulthood? Is that necessary?

This is something that comes and goes but, in general, I compulsively crave for solitude and grab with teeth and nails any possibility of staying by myself and (over)thinking about things, throwing myself to any type of activity that is impossible to be done in pairs, for example. Voluntary loneliness isn't such a youngggggg thingg so prob fits in the idea of this discussion

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    Yes lol and you are 20 just like me, correct?
    yeah I am lol, and yet I already groan about my back when I'm lifting heavy stuff out the dishwasher

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I feel old when twenty year old's make threads about being old. Early twenties are the best times of youth! Happiness supposedly peaks at 23 and 69.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    yeah I am lol, and yet I already groan about my back when I'm lifting heavy stuff out the dishwasher
    Do you have grey strands??? I was born with some white hair in the back that couldn't simply be hidden with anything (slowly fades as it gets bigger) and now some of the ones in the front are slowly losing its color, something that I thought that would take ages to happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I feel old when twenty year old's make threads about being old. Early twenties are the best times of youth! Happiness supposedly peaks at 23 and 69.
    LMAO I was thinking about that, to be honest. Like, are we technically old enough to even start pondering about these feelings? In spite of all the gathered experience and such it's clear that I didn't reach the "nirvana" and stuff, hardly joined Uni, which will fatally happen soon. The thing I have for granted is that these days people from all ages tend to have a compulsory (and maybe superficial/meme-oriented) sense of nostalgia over things that happened like two years ago? As though the act of assuring ourselves that we are older than we are is tempting in a certain perspective (like when one's a veteran in a community) and terrifying in another (like when you have wrinkles or have IRL responsibilities?)
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 22-09-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

omg stop shaming me for feeling old sometimes, I have a naturally elderly heart

and nope, no grey strands and fingers crossed won't be happening any time soon?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LUCPIX View Post
    LMAO I was thinking about that, to be honest. Like, are we technically old enough to even start pondering about these feelings? In spite of all the gathered experience and such it's clear that I didn't reach the "nirvana" and stuff, hardly joined Uni, which will fatally happen soon. The thing I have for granted is that these days people from all ages tend to have a compulsory (and maybe superficial/meme-oriented) sense of nostalgia over things that happened like two years ago? As though the act of assuring ourselves that we are older than we are is tempting in a certain perspective (like when one's a veteran in a community) and terrifying in another (like when you have wrinkles or have IRL responsibilities?)
    Formative years obviously leave a very prominent impression, and people tend to find it easy to look back and think of it as simpler or more pleasant, simply because they can't look forward. The older you get, the more you have lived; people will say things like "you're only as old as you feel" or "forty is the new twenty," in an effort to feel younger or convince themselves that there is still much more ahead of them. I also feel that, through globalisation, and especially the internet and media, life seems to move much faster; information is simultaneous. In many ways, society did used to be a lot more straightforward. It will be interesting to see what comes beyond the information age. I wonder if, through a strong sense of nostalgia, in the coming decades we may see a more prominent reemergence of past culture. I wonder, for example, if there'll be a new roaring twenties in the 2020s, or a new swinging sixties in the 2060s, or if the concept of historical periods may take on a global significance one day.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

bringing home work to meet deadlines makes me feel old
    certainly not paid relatively enough to do that kind of shit either

a more positiveish feeling old is that I didn't get asked for id the other day
    also a smidge enjoyment from opening a bank account with a slightly better interest rate

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Formative years obviously leave a very prominent impression, and people tend to find it easy to look back and think of it as simpler or more pleasant, simply because they can't look forward. The older you get, the more you have lived; people will say things like "you're only as old as you feel" or "forty is the new twenty," in an effort to feel younger or convince themselves that there is still much more ahead of them. I also feel that, through globalisation, and especially the internet and media, life seems to move much faster; information is simultaneous. In many ways, society did used to be a lot more straightforward. It will be interesting to see what comes beyond the information age. I wonder if, through a strong sense of nostalgia, in the coming decades we may see a more prominent reemergence of past culture. I wonder, for example, if there'll be a new roaring twenties in the 2020s, or a new swinging sixties in the 2060s, or if the concept of historical periods may take on a global significance one day.
    I can't imagine so personally since trends seem to come and go very quickly. At most I think you'll see parties themed around those times, but it won't stick. I think you're also missing something when it comes to the internet, and that is that it has allowed people with more niche interests to communicate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast