HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Are bans now fully permanent?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yes

The results are hidden 0%
  • No

The results are hidden 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens

Any updates ?
    Sorry for the push, but I'm in the exact same position, my account was banned mid 2008 and the 11 years are soon to be gone by.
    Like lawrawrrr Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Akius View Post
    Any updates ?
    Sorry for the push, but I'm in the exact same position, my account was banned mid 2008 and the 11 years are soon to be gone by.
    Hi Akius,

I'll investigate my account now I have the files back from my information request. It could take me a while to get back to you but I will try my best. I'm not sure when my account was banned but it was a very long time ago. I suspect it will be a rolling ban as it wasn't automated. My account was created in 07 I think.

Update: It appears 0rca (the staff member who perm banned me) visited the helpdesk in 2011 (when I was banned), so it's unlikely my ban would be close to expiry yet. I'll still take a look though.
    Last edited by Zak; 24-04-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by A. View Post
    SO - I received my GDPR data and did some calculations. It seems that my unban date may have been set later than I expect. Let me attempt to explain how I calculated this:

1. The file that starts with activity-log: it contains a column called "Number Mins Banned." It seems that, for a permanent ban, this is 6311520, which is in minutes. Divide 6311520 by 60 mins per hour, and then 24 hours per day. This gives a figure of a 4,383 day ban - or 12.008 years. Most Habbo info on the internet normally lists a permanent ban as 11 years, but time-wise, it seems to calculate to 12 years and 3 days, assuming each year is exactly 365 days (not including leap years).
    2. The file that starts with <account name>-<random numbers>-basic-data: the "Last Hotel Access" column should technically be the date that you were banned, as common sense will tell that you wouldn't be able to access the game after your ban date. In the Excel file, add +4383 to that date, and your technical unban date should appear. For me, this is a date in May 2019, and not the original September date that I had noted down for whatever reason.

If my calculations are correct, my ban may still be ending - just later than I thought. I may be completely incorrect, but the steps that I took are logical, and it would make sense if this works out. Either way, interesting to note!
    To follow up:

If @A.;'s calculations are correct my ban will last until May 2023 (12 years) and May 2022 if 11 years.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    Hi Akius,

I'll investigate my account now I have the files back from my information request. It could take me a while to get back to you but I will try my best. I'm not sure when my account was banned but it was a very long time ago. I suspect it will be a rolling ban as it wasn't automated. My account was created in 07 I think.

Update: It appears 0rca (the staff member who perm banned me) visited the helpdesk in 2011 (when I was banned), so it's unlikely my ban would be close to expiry yet. I'll still take a look though.
    I see, thanks for the insight, I did some researches and found out about a spanish website that debunked whether you get unbanned at the end of the ban or not, apparently you don't :x

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I see, thanks for the insight, I did some researches and found out about a spanish website that debunked whether you get unbanned at the end of the ban or not, apparently you don't :x
    It seems incredibly likely. For some reason 2020 has stuck in my head as a date for unban and I'm almost certain it rolled to 2022 before they updated the interface. We'll have to wait and see!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I asked a staff member years ago because i was banned in 2009 and they said once the perm ends it renews itself.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's May 2019, did OP try to see if he was unbanned yet?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

@Shox; I don't think so. It's likely he will revisit in the future though.

To follow up on this:

My screenshot way back in 2009 shows a ban length of 4167 days. This is likely a "permanent ban" duration, certainly as it was back then.

EDIT: Unbelievably I still have the screenshot showing when the ban expires

0rca visits helpdesk on 20-05-2011 and bans me
    Ban expires 16-10-2022

20-05-2011 + 4167 days =

Case CLOSED. Now we wait ^.^

Last edited by Zak; 09-05-2019 at 06:28 PM.
    Like A. Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Any updates ?
    Hellooooo! Sorry for the late reply, for some reason Habbox emails are going to my spam folder and I didn’t see your response until now. My sincerest apologies!

I just checked, and it seems that my account is still banned. I’m replying from mobile, not near the PC where I saved my ban calculation. May still isn’t over yet, so there’s a slight glimmer of hope. I’ll update you guys by end of May when my luck has either run out, or I went to buy a lottery ticket because the ban is over. ��

Tokens

One of the few threads on the internet I found regarding this matter. Are we really the only ones questioning this? I made an account on this website to place my reply, as I found a way to calculate your approximate unban-date, without a GDPR request:

Simply log on to Habbo and go to avatar selection. Now it's time to inspect the coding of the Habbo website. Right-click in the screen and click "Inspect" (or shortkey Ctrl+Shift+I). Now click the "Select element" button (or shortkey Ctrl+Shift+C), and select the last login date (i.e. "11 years ago"). In the"<time>" section you will find "datetime=" with your last login date and time, accurate to the second (i.e. "2008-10-26T16:58:34.000Z").

To end with a confirmation: In the Habbo housekeeping/all-seeing-eye there were options to ban a user for an X-amount of hours. The maximum amount of hours listed in there was 100.000. This equals 4167 days (rounded up), as already stated in this thread. Add 4167 days to your last login date, and your unban date should appear. In my example, the unban date would be 24-3-2020.

Awaiting A.'s reply to this thread to (hopefully) confirm that his perma-ban is off.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast