HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Are bans now fully permanent?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yes

The results are hidden 0%
  • No

The results are hidden 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens

Default Chiming in

I too just made an account as I knew my unban should be happening right around now. My memory of my ban was it was only 10 years, and I never believed it to be permanent. I submitted a GDPR request that is pending and did the "inspect" trick that the was mentioned before my post. It's presumed I was banned on 2008-02-09 at 12:53:29pm. Which means if there's any hope that an auto unban will happen, my original 10 year assumption was incorrect as that would have already passed. If it was 4167 days as I'm hearing is most common, then I'll be checking again July, 8th of this year, but I'm not very hopeful. Just like many people here I'm frustrated that my account that I had spent a lot of money on in the past may never get returned to me despite it having a timed expiry date.

Sorry I didn't have much input, but I stand with you all with hope.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lopster12345 View Post
    I too just made an account as I knew my unban should be happening right around now. My memory of my ban was it was only 10 years, and I never believed it to be permanent. I submitted a GDPR request that is pending and did the "inspect" trick that the was mentioned before my post. It's presumed I was banned on 2008-02-09 at 12:53:29pm. Which means if there's any hope that an auto unban will happen, my original 10 year assumption was incorrect as that would have already passed. If it was 4167 days as I'm hearing is most common, then I'll be checking again July, 8th of this year, but I'm not very hopeful. Just like many people here I'm frustrated that my account that I had spent a lot of money on in the past may never get returned to me despite it having a timed expiry date.

Sorry I didn't have much input, but I stand with you all with hope.
    Let us know what happens on July 8th! It will be interesting to see what happens...

Like lopster12345 Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by Yom View Post
    One of the few threads on the internet I found regarding this matter. Are we really the only ones questioning this? I made an account on this website to place my reply, as I found a way to calculate your approximate unban-date, without a GDPR request:

Simply log on to Habbo and go to avatar selection. Now it's time to inspect the coding of the Habbo website. Right-click in the screen and click "Inspect" (or shortkey Ctrl+Shift+I). Now click the "Select element" button (or shortkey Ctrl+Shift+C), and select the last login date (i.e. "11 years ago"). In the"<time>" section you will find "datetime=" with your last login date and time, accurate to the second (i.e. "2008-10-26T16:58:34.000Z").

To end with a confirmation: In the Habbo housekeeping/all-seeing-eye there were options to ban a user for an X-amount of hours. The maximum amount of hours listed in there was 100.000. This equals 4167 days (rounded up), as already stated in this thread. Add 4167 days to your last login date, and your unban date should appear. In my example, the unban date would be 24-3-2020.

Awaiting A.'s reply to this thread to (hopefully) confirm that his perma-ban is off.
    Hello!

I've been waiting patiently, but at this time, I unfortunately have nothing positive to report. I just tried through the website, and the settings page is going to the "oh bobba, page not found" landing - seems that there is maintenance going on right now.

I did, however, log into the account on the iOS app. I can switch avatars, but when I try to switch to the banned account, I get logged out. Not sure if this is normal behavior, but I can *see* the account in the iOS avatar switcher. That avatar's Habbo profile is also still directing to the "bobba page not found" page, which I believe to be a sign that it is still indeed banned.

I'll keep trying, but looks like bad news to anyone who may be waiting-out a perm ban.

Edit: is the entire site down? I can't get the game to load at all on my laptop, even on a non-banned account. Getting a disconnected error as soon as I open the hotel page.
    Last edited by A.; 28-05-2019 at 05:53 AM. Reason: additional info

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by A. View Post
    Hello!

I've been waiting patiently, but at this time, I unfortunately have nothing positive to report. I just tried through the website, and the settings page is going to the "oh bobba, page not found" landing - seems that there is maintenance going on right now.

I did, however, log into the account on the iOS app. I can switch avatars, but when I try to switch to the banned account, I get logged out. Not sure if this is normal behavior, but I can *see* the account in the iOS avatar switcher. That avatar's Habbo profile is also still directing to the "bobba page not found" page, which I believe to be a sign that it is still indeed banned.

I'll keep trying, but looks like bad news to anyone who may be waiting-out a perm ban.

Edit: is the entire site down? I can't get the game to load at all on my laptop, even on a non-banned account. Getting a disconnected error as soon as I open the hotel page.
    Me again! Looks like I have no good news. The account is still banned. Seems that Habbo has indeed made bans absolutely permanent and irreversible.

Me again! Looks like I have no good news. The account is still banned. Seems that Habbo has indeed made bans absolutely permanent and irreversible.
    Well isn't that lovely!

Tokens

Default Looking into perm bans

You can actually see if your ban is permanent or not by sending a post request to the Habbo backend (api/user/avatars/select). You have to specify the uniqueId of your account in the request body and set the right headers (cookie). The response of that request will tell you if your ban is permanent or not.

Example response for a banned account I have (not allowed name):

{
    "message": "user.avatar_banned",
    "reason": "Name is not allowed",
    "expiryTime": null,
    "permanentBan": true,
    "avatarName": "...",
    "sanctionReasonId": null,
    "provideExtraSupport": true
    }

I checked an account, which was banned like 11 years ago (should be unbanned by now) for scamming and the response is the same, only the reason is different..
    Like A. Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by Fry. View Post
    You can actually see if your ban is permanent or not by sending a post request to the Habbo backend (api/user/avatars/select). You have to specify the uniqueId of your account in the request body and set the right headers (cookie). The response of that request will tell you if your ban is permanent or not.

{
    }

I checked an account, which was banned like 11 years ago (should be unbanned by now) for scamming and the response is the same, only the reason is different..
    Thanks for offering your help! It seems like you registered just to reply, as you’ve made only one post. I really appreciate that you took the extra time to do that.

I’m working to figure out how to do this I’ve sent in a help ticket to Habbo, but will die of surprise if they even read it before “Alexander” the bot in the help tool auto-closes the ticket.

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by Fry. View Post

{
    }

Oh! But I do see expirydate null, meaning the ban in your example is absolutely permanent with no expiration date. I’m still unable to replicate this with ?uniqueId - regardless I am getting following error:

Cannot GET /api/user/avatars/select

Any help on what I should change would be appreciated. So close, yet so far!

Tokens

Oh! But I do see expirydate null, meaning the ban in your example is absolutely permanent with no expiration date. I’m still unable to replicate this with ?uniqueId - regardless I am getting following error:

Cannot GET /api/user/avatars/select

Any help on what I should change would be appreciated. So close, yet so far!
    It's a POST request, uniqueId is the id of your avatar, you can get that by viewing the avatars get request in your browser -> network tab. You can see the cookie for the header in any request.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Klorne

hi guys... just wondering if there have been any updates to your accounts??? as the new decade is approaching one thing is constantly on my mind .... my first few habbo accounts are going to be unbanned! i found this thread after searching for proof of anyone being unbanned after a "perm"....

a bit off topic - the whole thing about habbo not supporting ban appeals after 6 months is absolutely WACK...... i remember a couple of years ago (2016) i appealed for an account that was perm banned in 2009... they replied with why i was banned, along with what i said to get me banned (which all took place in 2010ish) so they can definitely retrieve habbo chats from before then.... then i appealed again in probbaly 2018 and that's when they told me they don't keep receipts after 6 months of a ban....

anyway yeah... just wondering if there's any updates

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast