HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Are bans now fully permanent?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yes

The results are hidden 0%
  • No

The results are hidden 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    That’s a shame. What I can only assume is when they banned you they had no options of permanent bans so just picked the longest one... assuming people wouldn’t wait around for 10 years.

Their customer service/help tool is generally shocking - extremely underfunded and outsourced leaving people to just follow a script that doesn’t even make sense sometimes with more specific requests!

I have to say I’m not massively surprised you are still banned though; of what j said above is true they probably have kept a note of permanent bans and do intend to keep them that way.

Sorry you’re not getting it back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SO - I received my GDPR data and did some calculations. It seems that my unban date may have been set later than I expect. Let me attempt to explain how I calculated this:

1. The file that starts with activity-log: it contains a column called "Number Mins Banned." It seems that, for a permanent ban, this is 6311520, which is in minutes. Divide 6311520 by 60 mins per hour, and then 24 hours per day. This gives a figure of a 4,383 day ban - or 12.008 years. Most Habbo info on the internet normally lists a permanent ban as 11 years, but time-wise, it seems to calculate to 12 years and 3 days, assuming each year is exactly 365 days (not including leap years).
    2. The file that starts with <account name>-<random numbers>-basic-data: the "Last Hotel Access" column should technically be the date that you were banned, as common sense will tell that you wouldn't be able to access the game after your ban date. In the Excel file, add +4383 to that date, and your technical unban date should appear. For me, this is a date in May 2019, and not the original September date that I had noted down for whatever reason.

If my calculations are correct, my ban may still be ending - just later than I thought. I may be completely incorrect, but the steps that I took are logical, and it would make sense if this works out. Either way, interesting to note!
    Last edited by A.; 08-10-2018 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added more data

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

We are all wishing you to regain your account back. 11 years is good enough for you to receive your punishment. All the best, bro
    Like A. Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    We are all wishing you to regain your account back. 11 years is good enough for you to receive your punishment. All the best, bro
    Haha - thank you for your kind words.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I've really got to login and check my ban. 08/09 seems like the right time frame for a 2020 date but I'm almost certain it rolled to, at least, 2022 last time I checked. I will get round to this!
    Like A. Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Can't edit my post, this is what I get.

Unless there's a way to switch avatar in-game, I can't see my ban length.

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post

Ya, exactly. Because of the changes to Habbo, the unban date no longer displays. This is why it’s a mystery.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post

If you did the GDPR request it downloads data for all ​the avatars on that ID which should show you!

Like Zak Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    If you did the GDPR request it downloads data for all ​the avatars on that ID which should show you!
    Thanks Laura. It's still pending so I'll be sure to check it out once it's done

Tokens

Hey, this is slightly off topic (I apologise!), but I just made an account to ask you this question, haha. I saw your username and it was really familiar. I think I've been to some of you room as a kid years and years ago. I can't remember all of your rooms, but did you own one of those gyms with rollers and matts on? Where you could glitch it and make it look like you was running really fast?

Hope you get your account back asap, regardless!

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by Beng10 View Post
    Hey, this is slightly off topic (I apologise!), but I just made an account to ask you this question, haha. I saw your username and it was really familiar. I think I've been to some of you room as a kid years and years ago. I can't remember all of your rooms, but did you own one of those gyms with rollers and matts on? Where you could glitch it and make it look like you was running really fast?

Hope you get your account back asap, regardless!
    Hahaha. Lots of people confuse me with A (without the dot) who owned the site’s most popular daycare room. She also designed a lot of really cool rooms. That’s probably who you’re thinking of. you’re welcome to add me, but I’m hardly ever online.
    Like Beng10 Liked

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast