HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Are bans now fully permanent?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yes

The results are hidden 0%
  • No

The results are hidden 0%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Question Permanent Bans - Still 11 Years?

Hello!

I am an ooooooooold Habbo player. 10 years, 11 months, and about 20 days ago, I was banned for owning a retro (yes - hit me). I have had a reminder set in my email inbox for 11 years from the ban date, and that day is coming in early October.

Here's my dilemma: when "old Habbo" changed to "new Habbo," the ban lift date no longer appears on the website - it simply states "this avatar is banned from Habbo." I am worrying myself sick that maybe Habbo has removed the 11-year ban and instead opted for a completely permanent ban. I have not played in years, and thought it would be super nostalgic and awesome to return to my account 11 years later and relive my elementary school years, and here I am. I don't know if this is just a cosmetic change, or if this means that my ban is completely irreversible.

Can anyone confirm that, although Habbo's website no longer shows the actual unban date, that the ban will or will not be lifted on the original unban date? I have searched online everywhere, but unfortunately, all I can find are comments such as "someone knows the owner of Habbo irl and reported me so I got banned." Not helpful.

Thanks in advance!
    A veteran Habbo from 2004

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I don't know for CERTAIN but I'd be really surprised if banned accounts survived the merge and account deletions? They've done it like 3 times in the last 10 years I think and deleted all accounts that haven't logged in for the last few years - which obviously you wouldn't have done, being banned?

It also wouldn't hugely surprise me if they HAD changed the decision, yknow, set the bans to be permanent...

On a side note I love that you've been counting down the days to be unbanned hahah!

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I don't know for CERTAIN but I'd be really surprised if banned accounts survived the merge and account deletions? They've done it like 3 times in the last 10 years I think and deleted all accounts that haven't logged in for the last few years - which obviously you wouldn't have done, being banned?

It also wouldn't hugely surprise me if they HAD changed the decision, yknow, set the bans to be permanent...

On a side note I love that you've been counting down the days to be unbanned hahah!
    Thanks for the reply! I can confirm the account isn’t “deleted” as my rooms are still visible and able to enter. I’m still able to see the account on my avatars page, just it states “this avatar is banned from Habbo” and I no longer have an unban date. Other accounts on the same ID are still around, so I’m hoping for the best! I’ll know by the end of this month.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Benjixcore View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I can confirm the account isn’t “deleted” as my rooms are still visible and able to enter. I’m still able to see the account on my avatars page, just it states “this avatar is banned from Habbo” and I no longer have an unban date. Other accounts on the same ID are still around, so I’m hoping for the best! I’ll know by the end of this month.
    That is very interesting! I have an idea - you can request your entire account history now (I made a thread about it here) which might tell you for certain - but it can take up to a month to get that data.

I have to say if it says it's just banned I wouldn't be toooo confident about getting it back...

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

That is very interesting! I have an idea - you can request your entire account history now (I made a thread about it here) which might tell you for certain - but it can take up to a month to get that data.

I have to say if it says it's just banned I wouldn't be toooo confident about getting it back...
    That’s a good idea - forgot about GDPR as I’m in US where our lawmakers don’t care about privacy as there’s money to be made selling data $$$$

My only issue is I can’t get to that page because I would have to have the ability to switch avatars 😂 unless GDPR applies to the entire Habbo ID. Will try it!

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

That’s a good idea - forgot about GDPR as I’m in US where our lawmakers don’t care about privacy as there’s money to be made selling data $$$$

My only issue is I can’t get to that page because I would have to have the ability to switch avatars  unless GDPR applies to the entire Habbo ID. Will try it!
    It does download the entire ID

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

It does download the entire ID
    AW YISSSSSSSSSSSSSS. We will surely see shortly. Try saying that 10 times fast.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

AW YISSSSSSSSSSSSSS. We will surely see shortly. Try saying that 10 times fast.
    yeah that is not easy ahahahah

I thinkmine took like 2-3 weeks so don't expect it too shortly

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Get a ticket and request for the ban uplift. It wouldn't hurt to try

Tokens
    Habbo
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    Get a ticket and request for the ban uplift. It wouldn't hurt to try
    Wish it was that simple! Haha. I tried and was advised that any bans longer than six months ago can not be appealed. This ban happened in 2007, so... cross fingers for Saturday!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast