Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lawrawrrr is offline live long and suck it ☮
    General Manager

Tokens
    View Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I do to an extent, same as Dragon Ball GT Z. Like, if somebody bought me a house and another person bought me a lamp, I am probably going to be more thankful for the house. Not that I won't cherish the lamp, but the value of a house is so much that they just aren't on the same level. I never ask for expensive gifts, though. I guess in that way, value is also a factor. I don't want people to spend a lot of money on me, so if they do I would express an extended gratitude.
    If we replace a "house" with say, a "sofa" then what I would say is:

These are both quite practical, materialistic things. I think in this case, and with @dbgtz; example of electronics too, maybe value does matter a bit more because it's not "sentimental" at all. There's not really thought or love behind the gift choosing (except, this person needs/wants that I should buy it for them as a gift).

If I said maybe if one friend bought you a 30 lamp and one bought you a 5 photo frame with a really lovely photo inside reminding you of a really good time, would you be annoyed at that friend for being a cheapskate?

It's kinda harder with blokes I guess. A lot of things I love are jewellery with meaning behind them - I'd much rather have a pair of earrings with a sentiment behind them than, well, a lamp (even if it's more expensive)!

Tokens
    View Awards

Like I said, I never expect anyone to buy me anything expensive, so I never think of anybody as a cheapskate. You're right when it comes to sentimental gifts, though. Value is much less a factor, but for practical things like furniture or appliances, money tends to equal quality. That's why I only said to an extent. Ew, blokes. Definitely do not consider myself a 'bloke' most of my gifts usually consist of clothes or vouchers, I only used a lamp as an example because it's the first thing I looked at in my living room.

FlyingJesus is offline Events Manager
    Articles Manager
    Graphics Designer

Guest Room Builder

Tokens
    View Awards

I love lamp
    | TWITTER |

PLEASANT DREAMS.

Tokens
    View Awards

not at all! im extremely grateful if i know it's something quite expensive, but given the choice, I'd much rather something sentimental, like a handmade gift

Tokens
    View Awards

I miss lava lamps. I got one for Christmas like fifteen years ago and used to turn it on every night, but eventually the 'lava' solidified. I still have it but it's just not the same anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12