View Poll Results: How proud/patriotic are you of your country?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Not at all

0 0%

0 0%

1 20.00%

0 0%
  • 5 - "Meh"

1 20.00%

0 0%

0 0%

1 20.00%

0 0%
  • 10 - Very

2 40.00%
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager

Tokens
    View Awards

Default On a scale of 1 to 10, how proud/patriotic are you of your country?

So something I have noticed since becoming a teacher in Spain is the struggle here with the history regarding the Spanish Civil War. It often comes up in my classes, although I would say the great majority of my students are proud of their country - but show in different ways. Many can be weary of displaying or wearing Spanish flags/regalia as the royalist vs republican association with Franco's regime is still strong.

ANYWAY I was explaining to one of my adult classes how the Union Jack came about, using a Union Jack (England + Scotland + Ireland) and later when we were discussing, one lady who doesn't care much for patriotism remarked how passionate I was when explaining the history behind the flag. So it got me thinking, how patriotic would you say you were of your country and even your local area?

1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest - and I don't mean a 10 meaning y'know CRUSH all other nations. I mean to test your strength of feeling. Basically if I could describe my love of country best - I would die for it and there's no bigger sacrifice to many than that.

How about you?

Tokens
    View Awards

Probably like a three. I like British history, but I don't have any strong feelings towards modern Britain. The government and society disappoint me. I find it difficult to really care about anything that goes on here.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 05-11-2018 at 03:05 AM.

FlyingJesus is offline Events Manager
    Articles Manager
    Graphics Designer

Room Builder

Tokens
    View Awards

There are a lot of things the Brits have done fabulously (and less fabulously) over the centuries and millennia, but I don't personally feel "proud" of it as such since it's not something I had any hand in. I'm pleased to be living here and I like it when we do well at stuff, that's about the extent of it really also ya noob Dan, it's only a Union Jack if it's at sea ;||||||||
    | TWITTER |

Likes -:Undertaker:- liked this post

TinyFroggy is offline Events Organiser / Competitions Staff
    Tokens
    View Awards

I think 10. Or at least 9. Not sure.
    But I'm very proud of our heritage and history. We've come through a lot and we managed to still stand strong.