HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Moving on

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Default Moving on

So, I just finished my contract as substitute teacher at the school I was teaching. However, I can't seems to move on. I still sometimes do come to big events. I in fact will come this saturday for another ceremony. I was actually invited by the other teachers for all this events. So yeah, I kinda feels like I am attached to this school T.T

How do you actually move on from the workplace you love so much?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I think the best way is to distance yourself from it. In time you'll become less dependent on its activities, personnel and events.
    I left my ideal job about a year ago, and it was the hardest decision I had to make, and I often found myself there every week, trying to hold onto the banter and enjoyment I had with my fellow colleagues as well as regular members of the public, however this just merely dragged out the process of me learning to deal with the fact that times have changed and I needed to stop grasping onto the past and just take it head on. So I vowed to not go back there for a few months, which actually worked, as in the last 6 months I've only been back there 2 times.

I suppose the difference with my situation is that I have every intention to go back there eventually, so mine was never a "Goodbye" it was more of a "See you in a bit" - That said, by the time I go back there, it'll basically be a new job as I doubt the same employees would still be there, but either way I think it's best to rip the metaphorical band-aid off, and not drag it out, as you'll just grow more and more attached to your students as well as your fellow teachers and it'll be even harder to say goodbye, but I guess do what feels right.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

I kinda vow myself not to return after this friday. But not sure if it's really me fooling myself around since this friday is the last day of school before end year holiday XD

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Try to stick to your vow, and just see how it goes

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Hahah. But I kinda wanna reapply to become the substitute teacher there next year too before I go to do my real work in april. Is it really that bad not moving on XD