HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Conor is offline The Santa of Habbox
    HabboxLive Guest DJ (Conor)
    Guest Events Organiser
    HabboxWiki Staff
    Competitions Staff

Tokens
    Habbo
    FUNISMYME

Latest Awards:

Default Major UK Network Provider Has Problems!

Well as most of you are aware, major mobile network O2, plus those who run off O2 such as GiffGaff and Tesco Mobile are experiencing a down time where they have been unable to access their data, send and receive calls and texts. Rumours have been going around social media websites such as Facebook that the service is hacked and personnel details have been stolen, however this is not verified as official information!

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning. Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this. Please keep an eye on our status checker: here!

~ O2 on Twitter
    The latest update on the above website is;

The cause of today’s network issue is in certain nodes in the core network resulting in network disturbances for a limited number of customers across the world, including in the UK. We have been working hard on resolving the UK data issue since early this morning. The faulty software that has caused these issues is being decommissioned. Our priority is to restore full data services on the network by tomorrow morning. Ericsson sincerely apologises to customers for the inconvenience caused.

~ O2 on their website service page
    However, it's been said 3G for all O2 and the providers who run of O2s networds such as GiffGaff is said to be back working;

Our 3G data service is returning and we are confident it will be fully restored by 9.30pm this evening. Our technical teams will continue working hard with Ericsson engineers to restore 4G which will bring us back to full network service.

~ O2 on Twitter
    There are also rumours on Facebook that if you are with O2 themselves and not with one of the services who use their network, the rumour says if you contact O2, you can get a £75 payment as a good-will gesture, however this is currently unconfirmed.

Are you still having problems with 3G etc? Well O2 hopes to have it all back up and running by tomorrow morning!
    Last edited by Conor; 07-12-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Conor
    FUNISMYME on Habbo

Guest HabboxLive DJ & Guest Event Host & HabboxWiki Staff & Competitions Staff

Previously one of the longest running HabboxLive Senior DJ, Ex Event Host, Ex Competition Staff, Ex Article Writer, Ex Help Desk Staff

See something on the Wiki that needs updating? Feel free to PM me info and I'll get it sorted.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I noticed this straight away, as I am on O2. Luckily I have a tablet which is on Three that I use for Internet when away from home as they offer the best data packages, so I just hotspotted my tablet to give my phone internet all day. Haven't checked my mobile data on my phone since as I'm quite happy continuing to hotspot from my tablet.

I shall definitely be confirming that £75 off my bill later on, however I find it highly unlikely, but I'll let you all know
    Last edited by Triz; 07-12-2018 at 08:12 AM.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

My work phone has been out all day, so annoying!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

I'm with O2 and have been effected!!

Guest Events Organiser
    HabboxWiki Staff
    Competitions Staff

Tokens
    Habbo
    FUNISMYME

Latest Awards:

It's now officially supposed to be up and running

We can now report that our 4G network has been restored. Our technical teams will continue to monitor service performance closely over the next few days to ensure we remain stable. A review will be carried out with Ericsson to understand fully what happened. We’d like to thank our customers for their patience during the loss of service on Thursday 6 December and we’re sorry for any impact the issue may have caused.

~ O2 on their service page

Conor
    FUNISMYME on Habbo

Previously one of the longest running HabboxLive Senior DJ, Ex Event Host, Ex Competition Staff, Ex Article Writer, Ex Help Desk Staff

See something on the Wiki that needs updating? Feel free to PM me info and I'll get it sorted.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    There are also rumours on Facebook that if you are with O2 themselves and not with one of the services who use their network, the rumour says if you contact O2, you can get a £75 payment as a good-will gesture, however this is currently unconfirmed.
    I can confirm this is false.

I contacted O2 hoping for the best, however they said that all they'll be doing is crediting everyone's line rental for 2 days (Starting from Jan), so for me that equates to about £1. I suppose on a global scale, this will cost them millions even at only £1 per customer, but on an individual basis, I think that's terrible.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers
    Like Conor Liked

Guest Events Organiser
    HabboxWiki Staff
    Competitions Staff

Tokens
    Habbo
    FUNISMYME

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    I can confirm this is false.

I contacted O2 hoping for the best, however they said that all they'll be doing is crediting everyone's line rental for 2 days (Starting from Jan), so for me that equates to about £1. I suppose on a global scale, this will cost them millions even at only £1 per customer, but on an individual basis, I think that's terrible.
    Thanks for this! GiffGaff (who I'm with) has set aside a 'good will fund', they are emailing customers over the next couple of days so they can apply for a cut of that fund. They can choose it as credit or sent to charity.

Conor
    FUNISMYME on Habbo