HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Anybody own a Switch?

What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the price? I've been thinking about getting one since the new Smash Bros. came out, but I am a little one the fence since I've never actually used one or have any clue about it. I also want to play Breath of the Wild and Splatoon. I grew up with Nintendo and went from a N64 to the CameCube and then the original Wii, before I stopped playing console games for a time. Now I just own a PS4. If anybody here owns multiple consoles, does your Switch get as much use as the rest?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

I have one and love it, I will point out I'm a bigger fan of handheld consoles than regular consoles but that's just what I've grown up with so me saying it gets more use than our Xbox may not means as much. But the main thing I love is that it can be both handheld and played on the TV like your standard console so it's also really good for travel etc.

Basically, I've had it since April and would recommend it to anyone considering it!

Like Neversoft Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I made a nice chunk of money on eBay yesterday, so I went ahead and bought one! Just finished setting it up. A bit gutted it doesn't have an ethernet port, but an adapted isn't too expensive. I had no idea it was that small! I'm downloading Smash Bros. now, which will leave me occupied for a while, but I want to get Zelda and Splatoon, and probably Mario Kart, as well. Are there any games you would recommend?

Tokens
    Habbo
    blance.

Latest Awards:

I have one too.
    i wanted to buy one long ago! and like most, waited until the price dropped a little more before buying it.
    ultimately i threw that idea out the window and caved, decided to go buy one back in the summer. (only for the price to drop a week later, but i managed to take my receipt back a few days later and get the return of the 30$ or whatever it was)
    I LOVE IT! when i first got it i bought southpark and the fractured butt whole, and Mario odyssey. both really good games. Odyssey more so considering it was made for the switch.
    i just recently bought mario kart and i love it! it gets challenging at times, and way more so when playing online.
    Smash is on my list next for our snowboarding trip in February. i cant wait.

i play mine alot on the tv. especially my new 65". looks amazing even though the output on those are barely 1080p when connected to the TV.
    i play alot in handheld mode when in laying in bed before i roll over and fall asleep.
    a few things i dont like about it tho. graphics are still really good. especially for a handheld console, they have come along way since the 8bit gameboy days.
    but the memory is a big issue. especially if you want to buy all or most of your games online. i wish Nintendo put a little more effort into the memory. even thought it is capable to hold a SD Card up to 2Tbs,. and they dont even make 2tb sd cards as of right now. so a little future friendly .
    last complaint. the joy cons. they are beautiful

verdict.... get it, love it.

Update: i recently bought a PS4 after i bought the Switch {500 million edition PS4 to be exact ) and when i first got the PS4 playing spiderman and RDR2 i neglected my switch alot.. but i always come crawling back to my switch to get the flagships rocking!
    Last edited by Blance; 15-12-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Update
    Like Jarkie Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I was shocked by the size of it
    I have a few games for it but it will pretty much just be a smash machine
    got mario oddysey which I have played a bit but I've never been a huge mario fan so I'm unsure if I will actually finish it (not because it's that bad, but because other games and just other things take priority).
    couple of party games more for use w/ people too

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I kiiiiinda want one but the games are SO expensive I know I'd only really buy a couple. I'm the sort of person who buys an old console (I currently have a Wii U and a ps3) and plays used games as theyre SO much cheaper and I'm not really too bothered about the 'latest' games

I have played on one though and it is a great console. If you have a commute as well the portability is really fab, I've see a few people playing it on the train!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Hollow Knight. It was my first time playing a "Metroidvania" game and I've loved every moment of it. The game has a wonderfully dark atmosphere and a story that leaves you wanting more every time you play.

edit: It was exclusive to Switch and PC when I got it, but I think it's available on PS4 now. But if you plan on using the switch on the go, definitely get it for the switch.
    Last edited by Lewis; 16-12-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I completely forgot about Mario Odyssey — I'll have to get that. I loved Sunshine and Galaxy. Hollow Knight looks good, too. Reminds me a little of Limbo. The controller feels a little clunky sometimes, but I suppose I'm just used to the PlayStation controller. It's really innovative, though. I didn't think I'd use the portable function much, but I like that you can use the Joy Cons as an actual controller even when the console isn't docked.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

The game I keep going back to is Stardew Valley but you have to be into he farming simulator type games, like Harvest Moon. Currently playing LEGO Harry Potter and the new Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee. Mario Kart and Lets Dance are great party multiplayer games as well.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Always trust in consoles compatible with Sonic Mania

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast