Likes Likes:  0
    Tokens
    View Awards

Default Do you do overtime a lot?

Do you like to do OT? Yes, they do have multiple amount of fare in comparison to your normal hour but is it worth it to sacrifice your time with your family (usually it intrudes those time).

For me, I'd really like to do OT a lot of time. Because of the money. And also for the sake of doing something useful instead of loitering around. I'm not really close with my family, so it doesn't really bother me that much. As long as I do not plan anything ahead, and I have the energy, I think I really do love doing overtimes.

Tokens
    View Awards

No such thing as overtime in my job. I get paid per day, so doesn't matter if I do 1 hour or 12, I get paid the same regardless.

Even in my old job where I did a normal 8 hour shift, anytime I would do overtime, I would simply take it back another day, so I never got paid any more for doing so... for example if I did 2 hours overtime on Monday, I would go home 2 hours early another day...

Never actually worked a job that offered overtime, but knows I was in dire need of money I don't think I would... i enjoy my free time too much lol

I deserve to be alright, I deserve to sleep at night
    I'm my closest friend, I remind myself again
    Better treat him well, cause he's with me till the end

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    View Awards

I get paid for what I do, so I do tend to stick around from time to time. It varies, but I guess I do a few extra hours every week. I'm doing like fifteen hours overtime this week, though. Christmas rush n'all that.

Tokens
    View Awards

2 hour commute daily dictates I do very little OT

Tokens
    View Awards

Is overtime not a thing in UK?

Tokens
    View Awards

In my new job I've been doing more hours than I'm contracted to - it's only this week where I'm just doing my set shifts. I could have probably got more if I wanted, but after Wednesday I don't have another day off until Christmas Day, then after that I don't have another day off until the 30th so it's nice to have a little break now!

Tokens
    View Awards

I've never worked enough hours to get over the maximum you can do before being payed overtime, the company really tries to avoid it. I often work over my rostered number of hours though by doing other shifts and while it's usually fine I don't love doing it all of the time.

Tokens
    View Awards

Quote Originally Posted by TinyFroggy View Post
    Is overtime not a thing in UK?
    Yes but often employers offer TOIL instead. A lot of UK workers receive a salary and aren't paid by the hour.