HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Default Which mode of transport you prefer

So, I've just traveled for 7 hours by car. And to be honest, I hate long journey. But then again, I didn't have much of motion-sickness (due to car, unless I'm reading). Not sure if I have sea-sickness since I've rarely traveled by sea.

But I would say that I'd prefer flight. Though, flight is so much of a hassle and requires greater amount of money.

Quite frankly, I don't even know which mode of transport I prefer. Do you?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Depends where I'm going of course. If it's a 3 hour drive, but a 10 minute flight, I'd still rather drive considering it'll take you longer to get through airport security than it will to drive lol.

Then on the other hand, I wouldn't want to drive 28 hours when I can fly there in a few hours.
    As a lorry driver, I'm more than used to doing my fair share of driving, so naturally driving doesn't bother me.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shockwave.2CC

Latest Awards:

Car or Plane
    Mixture of the both
    The House Always Wins

someboyrafa is online now Help Desk Senior Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Tokens
    Habbo
    Soosan

Latest Awards:

Submarine.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Cruise ship (sunglasses) lol

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

Lmao. That submarine answer though. But really, is submarine comfortable for travel if we were allowed to? I don't find being feets under the water would be enjoyable.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

railway and planes by a country mile.

i think if rail and plane were as fast as eachother, i'd pick railway. less hassle and more relaxing.

i HATE buses i never get them.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't often go on them, but I prefer to travel by train. In October, my boyfriend and I went on holiday to Blackpool and went by train - it was really cheap and it would only take the same amount of time as driving would. It was the longest train journey we'd been on, but it went so quickly and it helped that it wasn't too busy (we went on our first train at 5:55am and only had one changeover).

However, the train back was a bit of a farce. We had booked the trains in advance, and I surprised my boyfriend with an extra day's stay due to it being his birthday on the day we were meant to be travelling back. So that was nice, but a couple of weeks before we went they announced strikes on Saturdays for Northern Rail. Our train was still fine so we weren't too worried, then a few days before we went our train back disappeared. We went to query in Blackpool and got told we could get an alternative train which was fine; we checked on the day we were due to leave and that train had been cancelled. So we ended up having to practically wing it lmao. We managed to get an earlier train to Preston where our changeover was (the journey back should have been one changeover, it changed to two because of the strikes), so we got there in good time for the next train to come which was great. We go to the platform at Preston (bear in mind we'd bought a fair bit so we both had a full and heavy case, a backpack each and then a carrier bag each as well), then it's announced over the tannoy that the platform has changed so we basically had to go back to where we started, and attempted to lug our stuff onto the other platform. The train finally comes and we end up standing all the way to Manchester (our next changeover). We get to Manchester and then I realise this train we're on didn't go to the correct Manchester station that the one before did. However, I then noticed on the list of trains that there was one to Leeds literally that minute on the next platform, and it was busy. We had to sort of scramble onto the train, I managed to get a seat but my boyfriend stood (and a guy was literally rolling a joint next to us) and then we finally made it to Leeds.

After all that, I still prefer trains as I think they're a lot quicker and most of the time more peaceful; we just wouldn't come back on a strike day!

However, I do also like travelling by bus if I'm going to Leeds shopping - there's more buses than there are trains, and there's a stop a few minutes before the bus station which I get off at to look in Crown Point retail park before going into the city itself. I've found I get travel sick in cars sometimes, but a bus or a train is fine.
    Last edited by Samantha; 29-01-2019 at 05:47 PM.