HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13 years later

Tokens

Default 13 years later

Hi guys,

So after a good 13 years I came across Habbo again and wanted to login to check the game and my old rooms etc.

Problem is, you have to login with your email now. I used the "forgot password" option but no email arrived at my old email accounts. I read that during the change where they added the email login option, people could set this up after logging in with their username and password.

Since it's been a few years, that option is no longer a possibility. Soo.. is there a way to login with your old username and password and still follow that same procedure to eventually be able to login with the set email address?

I created a new account to check if my old accounts still existed and indeed they do so thats not the reason it wont work.

Also already submitted a ticket but I understand that might take quite a while.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Kind regards,
    - Josovo

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I'm afraid you've probably lost it during Habbos Big Merge of 2011 where all English speaking hotels were merged.
    you'll probably find that your account got deleted and thus made it available to register again, and since it's been 7 years since the merge, you can safely assume someone else has already registered your username again.

The merge process is ending, so if you have any Habbo accounts from CA, UK, SG or AU that still haven't been moved over, now is your final chance to do so. The merge process will be turned off on March 30th. After March 30th you will no longer be able to import any accounts from the old Habbo sites and any furni or rooms on these accounts will be lost.

If you registered on Habbo.com after the merge, or have already merged your accounts, then you don't need to worry - this only pertains to users who still haven't merged accounts from Habbo Australia, Canada, Singapore or the United Kingdom.

Common questions about the end of the merge:

Where's my account?
    The merge process on will be turned off on March 30, 2011. Unfortunately any account left un-merged will be permanently deleted if it is not moved before March 30, 2011.

What happens to the stuff on my un-merged accounts? Can I be compensated?
    The items on your un-merged account will be permanently deleted on March 30th, 2011. You will not be compensated.

Can I get the name of my un-merged accounts back?
    You are not guaranteed to get your un-merged account back once it is deleted but you can try to register it again at www.Habbo.com.
    You can read a little more about the merge here: http://habboxwiki.com/Merge
    Last edited by Triz; 30-12-2018 at 11:55 AM.

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    I'm afraid you've probably lost it during Habbos Big Merge of 2011 where all English speaking hotels were merged.
    you'll probably find that your account got deleted and thus made it available to register again, and since it's been 7 years since the merge, you can safely assume someone else has already registered your username again.
    You can read a little more about the merge here: http://habboxwiki.com/Merge
    Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned that I am Dutch. I thought all habbo versions were merged so I was at the right place here. If not, excuse me.

I do know for sure my characters still exist. I can find them in the search option and they still look the same + the date of creation is still at 2005 and it says last logim 13 years ago. So they are still there

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Josovo View Post
    Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned that I am Dutch. I thought all habbo versions were merged so I was at the right place here. If not, excuse me.

I do know for sure my characters still exist. I can find them in the search option and they still look the same + the date of creation is still at 2005 and it says last logim 13 years ago. So they are still there
    ah Gotcha, in which case I suppose the only option is to do what you've done and create a support ticket.
    They normally ask questions such as the last time you purchased credits, and how many you purchased, previous passwords, email address, name, location you created the account in etc...

Questions that may prove difficult to answer considering how many years have passed.
    They typically reply within 24 hours, so you should know soon

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    ah Gotcha, in which case I suppose the only option is to do what you've done and create a support ticket.
    They normally ask questions such as the last time you purchased credits, and how many you purchased, previous passwords, email address, name, location you created the account in etc...

Questions that may prove difficult to answer considering how many years have passed.
    They typically reply within 24 hours, so you should know soon
    I was afraid of that. I will await their reply then. I purchased credits with my mobile and landline so mentioning the phonenumbers used for that along with some other info, might just do it.

Thanks for the quick help mate!

- Josovo

Tokens

Latest Awards:

RIP OP’s account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMagician View Post
    RIP OP’s account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Actually, i have gotten my 2006 account back now. And working on getting back my 2005 accounts back as we speak

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

Good news there Josovo! Glad you were able to retrieve them

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Josovo View Post
    Actually, i have gotten my 2006 account back now. And working on getting back my 2005 accounts back as we speak
    It might be a struggle in some cases, if you get a password reset email back then that's great, but if you don't then you might not be able to retrieve it.

A few years ago Habbo rebranded their image and created a placement website called 'ex.Habbo' for people who preferred the older version of Habbo - this was only a temporary thing and was removed afterwards. The problem with ex.Habbo and the one we have now is, ex.Habbo had the option to have more than one login option (so you could sign in through various emails, Facebook, twitter etc.) whereas the new one doesn't. Therefore, if for example you had 2 emails linked to your previous account (we'll say [email protected] and [email protected]) only one of them would receive the password reset email and not the other, if that makes sense. So when that's happened, if you had more than one way of logging in, then it might only allow you to change the password via one specific option. However, if you still have your password you can still log in from both emails.

It's a bit of a silly thing, removing a site without making sure everything works properly. I think I only found out when I noticed on ex.Habbo I had about 7 ways to log in (I removed these before ex.Habbo was removed), but I can still log in via two different email addresses.

Also, whilst I remember - if you open a support ticket informing them of this, and say you aren't receiving password reset emails then they don't help much at all. You'll get the automated reply asking for information, then they'll say that there was a 'block' on the email so they've removed it (they haven't/can't) and that it should work again, but it unfortunately doesn't.
    Last edited by Samantha; 29-01-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I lost like 16 accounts in the merge lol. I also remember taking names of players I used to be friends with e.g. HELP on .co.uk is now owned by me. We used to talk in help desks quite often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast