HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

People think May is a scapegoat or they feel sorry for her or they think she's a decent person trying to do her best but trapped in a difficult situation. It's true, breaking away from decades of integration was always going to be difficult but she has made massive mistakes along the way so I can't agree with any of those explanations.

She called Article 50 early without any semblance of a plan. I can see the political reality that you wouldn't be able to postpone it forever but the government spent far too long trying to work out what it wanted. I think that is because Theresa May's default position is always to kick the can down the road and save the difficult decisions for another day. Brexit was always going to piss people off but she's spent the past 2 years trying to please everyone. At some point, you have to pick a side. Even now with a 230 loss - the biggest in history - she is still stubbornly saying "I'll listen to colleagues to get a majority" but refusing to budge on anything within her deal. Even if she went with something I totally disagreed with, at least she'll have made a decision but she can't even do that.

What I personally think should happen: Hold a general election where parties set out their Brexit stalls. I think Tories should opt for the "we haven't got a deal but we'll be able to handle No Deal" scenario. Labour can do their "a customs union but not the customs union" thing, Lib Dems/Greens - second referendum etc etc. At least that way, there can be no more "the public didn't know what they were voting for" tosh. It'd be quite interesting to see how the electoral map could change. I am not convinced that the public didn't vote for "No Deal" in the referendum. Yes, it'd have been nice to have a deal but as the whole point was about taking back control and it seemed to resonate with people, I imagine that the vast majority would agree with the "No deal is better than a bad deal" line.

None of that will happen as there are too many party political issues getting in the way, namely that Theresa May is terrible and should never lead a general election again so the Tories will never call one.

What I think will happen: Theresa May is going to "listen to colleagues and go back to the EU" but she's going to refuse to engage with any of the options as she's given herself major leeway to say anything opposite to her plan "goes against the result of the referendum." She will present her old plan dressed up as Plan B to the Commons to vote again. She thinks she'll be able to win this time as the March deadline is getting near and it'll spook some of the moderates but unfortunately there are too many hardline Remainers/Brexiteers for this to ever succeed. What happens from there, I have no clue.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

The Government survives the VOC!

Meanwhile...

And THIS ABSOLUTELY

End of European integration in Britain = the Blairities go down with the ship.

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 16-01-2019 at 09:00 PM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Countdown: 67 days

The PM reports back to the House of Commons tomorrow as to what next. Here's the HoC split at the moment, roughly.

In short, it is being reported tonight that she is going to try and get the DUP and Brexiteers onside by going back to the EU concerning the backstop. The EU though as we all know, has stated it will not re-open talks and the backstop is non-negotiable. That said, the EU says a lot of things and then does the complete opposite last minute so who knows. If you look below, this suggests she will return to the Commons for another vote in mid-February.... meaning by that point the clock will have been run down where by if the deal is rejected again, No Deal is a nailed-on certainty.

I was never 100% behind efforts to remove her before Christmas, as I did suspect she could simply run the clock down in the end which is my ideal outcome, bringing us to No Deal - and all the moves thus far suggests this is what is happening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12