HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Default College or work?

What do you guys think? Should we go to college or just go work after we finished high school?lego_rolleyes

*Pardon my English*

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

It depends. Getting a job straight from school could severely limit your options in the future. Currently, in England, you must continue your studies until you are 18.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I went to high school then onto college, I left college in the May and got a job in the August - my first job. I think it was better not having a job whilst at college, it gave me more time to do my work and relax ready for the week ahead as it would have been a weekend job if I had got one. My sister had a job in college, and still got great results though, so it just depends on the person.

Country
    United States of America
    Tokens
    Habbo
    __tbl

Latest Awards:

I enjoyed college for a little bit. Once I got comfortable, I became more outgoing and made tons of friends. If going to college hadn't left me in debt or if I knew what I know now, I would definitely do it again. However, it's not for everyone and sometimes being pushed into things you don't want to do makes you want to succeed at them less? I agree with @Zak; it could really limit your future--a lot of jobs that pay well sometimes require degrees or years upon years of experience.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Traditional education isn't for everyone that's why there are apprenticeships and traineeships. I'm a big fan of vocational qualifications.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I never went to College, I stayed in my school's Sixth Form until I was 19 (did 3 years) and wouldn't change it for the world.

Got good enough grades to get into University, more more importantly got to extend high school - which I loved - by 3 more years. Win win.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I too went to college, but to be honest I didn't really think about it much, I never went into anything remotely related to what I studied in college, I think I only picked the course because the end of the school year was creeping up on me and before I knew it, I was expected to have made decisions that would alter the course of my life and effect my whole career path. This alone was scary, especially when I was at an age where the hardest decision I made was what time I should go to bed, and even that I wasn't really equipped to handle considering I woke up moody most mornings lol.

I personally think unless you know fully what you want do to, then you should start working first, and get an idea of what sort of jobs you like doing etc... As most people will be like me and choose a course just so you're not a bum at home, and subsequently waste 3 years of your life doing something that's completely irrelevant (as such in my case)

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sectional View Post
    I personally think unless you know fully what you want do to, then you should start working first, and get an idea of what sort of jobs you like doing etc... As most people will be like me and choose a course just so you're not a bum at home, and subsequently waste 3 years of your life doing something that's completely irrelevant (as such in my case)
    i know a friend who dropped english then took up architecture... so me being interested in it, i asked whether his favourite architectural school was gothic or classical... and he was like "what?" lmao safe to say he dropped out before Christmas.